Guidetti Loan Watch

Matt the Giant said:
CTID101 said:
Matt the Giant said:
And he's looking quite.. heavy and slow.
My uncle is a Stoke fan and he knows people at the club who have said he is at least half a stone overweight so Hughes is putting him through the ringer to try and get him fit and sharp.

Hughes to be fair to him has good fitness people around him and Blackburn and ourselves were one of the fittest teams in the league so hopefully he can train Guidetti hard.

I hope he does become fitter, quicker and more agile.
But as pointed out above, no matter how fit he becomes I find it hard to see how this loan spell could help him/us out. They, Stoke, play the opposite of our style of football. John will likely develop some sort of neck problem from looking up in the air as much.
Loan to Everton next season to replace Lukaku?

Gareth Barry Manilow said:
worsleyweb said:
Guidetti will never play for us....

He already has

Highly unlikely he ever will again.

Along with Barry , Lescott and a couple of others we will release him during the summer.

We would only loan him again for a season if he had more than one year left on his contract and we couldn't find a club that wanted him on a permanent basis.

Taken from the Guardian match report.

John Guidetti was on the pitch by that stage but on the few occasions he came close to getting involved the Manchester City loanee's first touch let him down.

I watched the last 15 minutes or so and didn't really see Guidetti involved. I know that once the camera showed him when he took his place after a corner was given and that's all I remember. :)

That passage was horrible as both teams were just hoofing the ball upfront pointlessly. Crouch tried some woeful diving and that just about summed up the last quarter.

mancity111 said:
Gareth Barry Manilow said:
worsleyweb said:
Guidetti will never play for us....

He already has

Highly unlikely he ever will again.

Along with Barry , Lescott and a couple of others we will release him during the summer.

We would only loan him again for a season if he had more than one year left on his contract and we couldn't find a club that wanted him on a permanent basis.
He has a year remaining on his contract so I would say its highly unlikely we will release him during the summer

Hungarian blue said:
I watched the last 15 minutes or so and didn't really see Guidetti involved. I know that once the camera showed him when he took his place after a corner was given and that's all I remember. :)

That passage was horrible as both teams were just hoofing the ball upfront pointlessly. Crouch tried some woeful diving and that just about summed up the last quarter.

Not surprising that he wasn't involved then really.

If he actually gets some games, it should be a genuine test for him rather than the Dutch League, where average players can shine. He will have to find something extra to succeed in this situation.

Neville Kneville said:
Hungarian blue said:

If he actually gets some games, it should be a genuine test for him rather than the Dutch League, where average players can shine. He will have to find something extra to succeed in this situation.

After getting as far as Stoke on the M6 last night before the game was cancelled, I found out it was £10 for their match so thought what the hell - better than no football at all. Fuck me - it was like being back in 1999 - dire. Even taking into account the windy conditions it was one of the worst matches I've been to for years. Guidetti had no chance of making an impact, absolutely no service and his first touch letting him down was to try and bring down hoofed up balls that were swirling in the wind. He might not ever make it at City but he's never going to prove it at Stoke - bad career move

I don't think he was ever going to make it with us anyway. He is a front to goal striker that needs a season or two as the main striker playing week in week out. He could do well in Portugal or Holland(again) , but a big league let alone a big team is too much of a stretch at this point.

Of course there is always this to consider...

hall2.jpg

baddddad said:
Neville Kneville said:
Hungarian blue said:

After getting as far as Stoke on the M6 last night before the game was cancelled, I found out it was £10 for their match so thought what the hell - better than no football at all. Fuck me - it was like being back in 1999 - dire. Even taking into account the windy conditions it was one of the worst matches I've been to for years. Guidetti had no chance of making an impact, absolutely no service and his first touch letting him down was to try and bring down hoofed up balls that were swirling in the wind. He might not ever make it at City but he's never going to prove it at Stoke - bad career move

It was silly of him to move there anyway, he is a front to goal striker that needs the ball played into feet. Stoke's play is reliant on a big man to offer an aerial presence and hold the ball up- JG does none of this so you have to question why he went. It may be the case that he is too arrogant for his own good and moved there purely because he thought he would get in ahead of Crouchy and Walters- even though for Stoke they are a much better and dependable option than himself, I don't blame Mark Hughes for picking them over JG, I would as well. Why invest time in developing a player when you have no stake in him and you don't need to do it out of necessity?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.