Guidetti Loan Watch

CTID101 said:
I said a while ago, My uncle is a stoke fan and he knows people at the club who have said he is just not fit enough.

Hughes want's to play him.
Catch 22 though isn't it? He gets match fitness from minutes on the pitch, not the training ground and certainly not the bench. (actually, that reads like I'm having a pop at you, but I'm not mate, I promise, just making an observation!)

CTID101 said:
I said a while ago, My uncle is a stoke fan and he knows people at the club who have said he is just not fit enough.

Hughes want's to play him.
but fit enough to play and score for his country ?

Yeah I agree mate, I said that and he said that the coaches etc have just said he just doesn't have it in him for Hughes to give him loads of game time and get match sharpness and fitness.

It's an odd situation.

This is why I don't want Lopes or any other promising young player we have coming through going out on loan in the Premier League, for me it's too focussed on results and having the finished article to get those results.

I am hoping Txiki can get the likes of Lopes loans in Spain.

I like what Rodgers has done with Suso, he broke into the first team last season but couldn't sustain a first team place, but this season he has gone out on loan to Almería in Spain and has made 24 league appearances, scored 2 goals, assisted 7 and now has gathered talk about him being a possible Spain regular come Euro 16.

There is absolutely no way he would have got that much game time in this country on a loan to another team in the Premier League.

sam-caddick said:
This is why I don't want Lopes or any other promising young player we have coming through going out on loan in the Premier League, for me it's too focussed on results and having the finished article to get those results.

I am hoping Txiki can get the likes of Lopes loans in Spain.

I like what Rodgers has done with Suso, he broke into the first team last season but couldn't sustain a first team place, but this season he has gone out on loan to Almería in Spain and has made 24 league appearances, scored 2 goals, assisted 7 and now has gathered talk about him being a possible Spain regular come Euro 16.

There is absolutely no way he would have got that much game time in this country on a loan to another team in the Premier League.

Am I just imagining it or were there reports not long ago claiming Malaga were interested on taking Lopes on loan next season?

I had a stream on and was watching Guidetti closely. He was very lively, running a lot, but the technical quality was poor in the game and no one could pass straight so he only got 7 touches. These teams raise their game when the likes of City visit them, but watch them against each other and they're appalling.

Guidetti was clever in how he won the penalty and didn't raise a fuss about not taking it, which is a good sign.

Also, when Hughes hauled him off instead of Crouch, who looked absolutely useless by the way, he clapped the fans and showed a good attitude. I thought he might complain, but not at all.

I was fuming though, they could have taken Crouch off but Hughes is a terrible manager and probably thought they could play it long to Crouch (didn't really happen).

It's still impossible to tell how good Guidetti is at this level. He shows a lot of energy and talent in the rare moments you see, but there are levels of talent and ability, and this half-season loan move is when we were supposed to see just which level he is on and whether it's enough for City.

FantasyIreland said:
Piss take.

Wigan for promotion and we send him there - perfect!

I just think though if you are a top 4 club you can't be sending your promising youngsters into the Championship and expecting them to come back to you ready to rip up trees, maybe if their around 18 to get their first taste of experience, but not 20-21+.

I just think when you get into that 20-21+ age bracket you really need to be playing top flight football, but for me the Premier League is not the answer, it's a league that demands results and wants the finished article player to get those results, so going to Spain, Italy or Germany would be my preferred destinations of sending out our youngsters in that age group.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.