Guitar Thread

I'm pretty sure that one day whilst perusing eBay, I will end up buying a used D-45 if it's in good nic and down to about £6k.

There was one for sale up in Cumbria about 12-18 months ago which I did very well to resist.

When I finally dive in, I think I'll end up pretty high end but I still don't want it to be at the expense of my Yamaha's.

They've been tremendous servants..........
My first half decent guitar was a 12 string, bought from Sounds Great in Heald Green in the late 70s. My first very decent guitar was an Eccleshall 6 string, bought in the '80s from Andy's Guitar Shop in London. I still have both 40 plus years later. The Martins haven't replaced them, just added to my arsenal.
I've found the Martins have actually helped me appreciate the qualities of my other guitars- they are all different in their own ways and I go from parlour "0", up through 00, 000, Dread, Jumbo. 6 string, 12 string. Rosewood, Mahogany even Oak.
Get something to complement the Yamahas, not to compete, and you'll have the best of both worlds

My first half decent guitar was a 12 string, bought from Sounds Great in Heald Green in the late 70s. My first very decent guitar was an Eccleshall 6 string, bought in the '80s from Andy's Guitar Shop in London. I still have both 40 plus years later. The Martins haven't replaced them, just added to my arsenal.
I've found the Martins have actually helped me appreciate the qualities of my other guitars- they are all different in their own ways and I go from parlour "0", up through 00, 000, Dread, Jumbo. 6 string, 12 string. Rosewood, Mahogany even Oak.
Get something to complement the Yamahas, not to compete, and you'll have the best of both worlds
Nicely worded that mate - that's actually a big help.......... :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.