Guitar Thread

I'm always really skeptical of buying 'someones' guitar model and how close they actually get it to the original (i.e. do they just paint it the same colour and put their signature on it sort of thing).
No, they are all custom shop builds, they take every minute detail from the original. Neck profile, the lot, even fret thickness etc.

The trouble with the Rory one is I didn't like mine after handling/playing it. (or any other) it's so good.

Last edited:
Interesting those Baritone guitars, I've never played one. I used to think the Fender Bass VI was a baritone but it isn't really, I don't really know what it is. :)
I wonder if anyone on the thread has played one?
I have the Harley Benton Guitarbass....its tuned like a normal guitar, but an octave lower...and heavier/higher gauge strings.

Its fun to play...but its another type of instrument....it doesnt replace the bass, and doesnt replace the standard guitar (although the Beatles "While My Guitar..." would disagree)

I really like it for inspiration...when writing/recording and adding new and unusual parts to a song.
if you were ooking for a new guitar to just sit and jam. noodle about on...its probably not for you

Attachments

• 152228_402283_16344823-1536x1024.jpg
    152228_402283_16344823-1536x1024.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 152228_402283_16344778-1536x1024.jpg
    152228_402283_16344778-1536x1024.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 3
No, they are all custom shop builds, they take every minute detail from the original. Neck profile, the lot, even fret thickness etc.

The trouble with the Rory one is I didn't like mine after handling/playing it. (or any other).
Noel Gallagher talked about his signature model on the pedal show podcast. It's based of an 80s guitar that had, in noels view, a very thin neck.

I think in the 60s, 70s, early 80s most decent guitar necks were made by hand and the profile was very much an individual thing, 2 guitars could be made on the same day and be very different. Now they have computers that can take the measurements and recreate any profile.

Noels Riviera has got some great reviews if you like that sort of guitar and it seems they did recreate his guitar very accurately.

Mate of mine Slug (big Rory fan) has a Rory stratocaster, I've played it a couple of times and I've gotta say it's the best strat I've ever played, it has a fucking awesome feel, (and I'm not a big fan of Rory).... it was expensive but it's fantastic. I've had a Clapton and SRV strats over the years and they don't come close.

You wash your mouth out.

I have the Harley Benton Guitarbass....its tuned like a normal guitar, but an octave lower...and heavier/higher gauge strings.

Its fun to play...but its another type of instrument....it doesnt replace the bass, and doesnt replace the standard guitar (although the Beatles "While My Guitar..." would disagree)

I really like it for inspiration...when writing/recording and adding new and unusual parts to a song.
if you were ooking for a new guitar to just sit and jam. noodle about on...its probably not for you
Looks just like the Fender.
Can't get Harley Benton here in Ozstraya.

Yeah Lennon played bass on WMGGW.
Fender XI. Sounds great.

Looks just like the Fender.
Can't get Harley Benton here in Ozstraya.

Yeah Lennon played bass on WMGGW.
Fender XI. Sounds great.
Shame about not getting Harley Benton....have to say ive been very very impressed with all of their guitars....i just have the guitarbass, but have friends who have their strat, tele, les paul styles....and a mate who has one of their precision basses.....incredible value for money and really nice guitars

im thinking of getting the jazz bass kit....just for something to do :-) ...only downside is would need to trim/shape the head stock

Shame about not getting Harley Benton....have to say ive been very very impressed with all of their guitars....i just have the guitarbass, but have friends who have their strat, tele, les paul styles....and a mate who has one of their precision basses.....incredible value for money and really nice guitars

im thinking of getting the jazz bass kit....just for something to do :-) ...only downside is would need to trim/shape the head stock

I have the p bass kit here. Bought it for jnr but he's not built it yet.

We have a brand here called Artist. Similar prices to HB and similar models, mainly really good fender and Gibson copies for cheap prices. But they don't do a Bass XI.
There's one on marketplace, a Squier for $600, as new it says, might see if he's negotiable.

x00232 - - -/x04232 - - -/x24432 - - -/x04432 - - -/244222 - - - - - - - -/x02220- - - - -

What song is this the intro to? I'm not a good guitarist, so just a bit of fun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.