Guitarists thread

How do I upload photos on here from my phone I'll post some photos of them all and the pedal board?

The favourite I have is a Westfield Les Paul copy which sounds "meh" but ive had many people say what a beautiful piece it is and how fantastic it sounds. I know you'll say "wrong colour! but I love it!

31lnJPCp-qL._SX425_.jpg

I have a Fender Mustang amp running the Fuse software. Downloading preset sounds is a god send for me - I've literally lost days fiddling with pedals etc but as you can only buy an expensive footswitch for it to change sounds im looking into some Boss boards - any recommendations? The GT 8 and 10 look decent to me.

Been teaching/playing and gigging for 40 years

My advice is try plenty of guitars and buy/keep the one that feels right for you, doesnt matter what name is on the headstock.

I have a Tokai strat that is my favourite guitar, not saying its better than others, it just 'feels' right for me

If the Westfield feels great but doesnt sound the way you want, buy some better pickups for it.

An aside, where is the best place for a one man band to record in Manchester? I always walk past butterfly music at northern quarters but not sure if they are any good for recording demos. I have tracks laid down minus the vocals I just want a place to add the vocals in because at home it's the neighbours I'm worried about. Preferably around the city or thereabouts.

My advice is try plenty of guitars and buy/keep the one that feels right for you, doesnt matter what name is on the headstock.

I have a Tokai strat that is my favourite guitar, not saying its better than others, it just 'feels' right for me

If the Westfield feels great but doesnt sound the way you want, buy some better pickups for it.

Fully agree with the above - got myself a Squire Tele years ago and it's the only electric guitar I have now. Just feels perfect in the hand. And now I've (well, my mate) put a twin rail at the bridge it sounds like a beast and perfect for the music in the band I'm in. Have an old Westfield acoustic as well, which is like my best mate. :-)

Some nice guitars in here.

Mine at the moment: Les Paul Studio

2eobcsl.jpg

Telecaster American Special:

jt73w5.jpg

I meant that rather than use loads of different effects pedals for a particular sound I might get an all in one effects board.
My "clean" sound is great.

Nimrod your totally right but as my financial circumstances have improved I've been buying one or two of my dream guitar list every year to get to my current total of twenty. I've got four more to add and I'm done.
Truth is some guitars just feel right in your hands regardless of name on headstock or price tag. I've just become a hopeless guitar snob.

Some nice guitars in here.

Mine at the moment: Les Paul Studio

2eobcsl.jpg

Telecaster American Special:

jt73w5.jpg

Nice guitars, I love the blonde Fenders. I was going to by a LP special just like yours but held back because it didn't feel right, that's my problem with the Les Pauls. I've tried a hell of a lot (standards, specials, traditionals etc) but none has felt right yet, Fender necks seem to fit better!

So much better than the bass players thread. Main three guitars are a Ramirez 4ne, unvarnished top, high strung with flat wound gut strings and a Martin 28ec along with a Breedlove atlas, which cost 1/7th of the Martin's price and sounds as good. Also have a Mexican Tele through an AC30 and an Ibanez SG (think it's called an SZ) style that usually goes through a twin reverb, although I haven't been much of an electric man since my teens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.