Gundogan new 4 year contract

Good news. To buy a replacement of similar quality would cost big money so even if City have given him a longer contract than ideal or more cash in some way than they would have preferred, it will still be much cheaper than buying a new player. Also the continuity with in the squad of a player who has done three years under Pep is valuable on a number of levels.

Probably the best individual performance from any City play last season was Gündoğan at home to Spurs in the CL. He was fucking exceptional!

I’m pleased he’s staying as I feel we’re getting by (very well might I add, but it doesn’t take much - an injury more here or there and we’re short in some positions) with being quite thin in some areas. So keeping us healthy in depth and quality in midfield is good.

AS an individual he’s not irreplaceable but to have somebody of that quality to perform the role he does is virtually irreplaceable. Excellent news and shows the squad harmony, it’s players like Gundogan that usually leave after a few seasons to become guaranteed 1st choice somewhere like Danilo and Delph have so it’s great to see us keep Gundogan. He gets more than enough game and will win trophies galore here.

Now it’s abouttime we gave Scott Carson a new deal, he’s been here almost a day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.