Mario Gomez - Italy
Antonio Rudiger - Sierra Leone
Jerome Boateng - Ghana
Mustafi - Albania
Emre Can - Turkey
Jonathan Tah - Ivory Coast
Sami Khedira - Tunisia
Karim Bellarabi - Morocco
One of the results of migration ;-) Todays world is like that, and I think that is a good thing. It is not just Germany though. Look at Holland and France for example, with all their players from their former colonies (e.g. Gullit - Surinam, Zidane - Algeria).
Also don't forget how UK players have often be able to choose between England, Scotland, Wales and North Ireland, based on some distant relative.

One of the results of migration ;-) Todays world is like that, and I think that is a good thing. It is not just Germany though. Look at Holland and France for example, with all their players from their former colonies (e.g. Gullit - Surinam, Zidane - Algeria).
Also don't forget how UK players have often be able to choose between England, Scotland, Wales and North Ireland, based on some distant relative.
I'm awaiting the influx of Argentines to Scotland, in 30 years we'll have the next Messi. Nessi.

Now that we are talking about it. How much "blood related" would one have to be to play for another national team? I know I'm 1/8 German, Ukranian and Spanish.. But I assume that still wouldn't be enough to play for any of those. It was just a thought?

Now that we are talking about it. How much "blood related" would one have to be to play for another national team? I know I'm 1/8 German, Ukranian and Spanish.. But I assume that still wouldn't be enough to play for any of those. It was just a thought?

Think it's something about your parents nationality and the country you grow up in.

For example:

Zlatan's mother is croatian
Zlatan's father is bosnian
And he grew up in Sweden, so he is/was eligible to play for all three countries.

Think it's something about your parents nationality and the country you grow up in.

For example:

And he grew up in Sweden, so he is/was eligible to play for all three countries.
That makes sense

For example:

I rhink It is more about Citizenship. You can grow up anywhere, if you end up with any county's Citizenship and you've never played senior level football for any other country before, you are eligible.

For example:

He was born in Sweden

Great player. Would be a massive signing if we can get him. Adds a some grit but also very good on and the ball and covers the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.