Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has gundogan scored 20 goals from midfield before?

Nope. As far as I know only fat Frank and Yaya have done it in a league season. Iniesta and Zidane have never managed it though and they're a league above both.

It might help if you think of Gundogan as the player we've been missing in midfield and Kev as a more direct replacement for Yaya, who regardless of position has never had a centre mids responsibilities.

Nope. As far as I know only fat Frank and Yaya have done it in a league season. Iniesta and Zidane have never managed it though and they're a league above both.

It might help if you think of Gundogan as the player we've been missing in midfield and Kev as a more direct replacement for Yaya, who regardless of position has never had a centre mids responsibilities.

Imo I don't think he's what's been missing, it's just that yayas been played in the wrong position.

Let's not get bogged down with statistics. A certain pot bellied micky quinn started a season scoring 10 goals in 10 games or something like that.
Gundogan is quite clearly a very good player with good vision and is technically gifted.

You've not been watching us properly then.

I have. He's given far too much freedom to go forward and always has been at city to be called a defensive mid. Nobody's slating Yaya here, it's just that he's been best as a box to box, not as a deep playmaker. It's been partially obscured by us not having a deep lying playmaker bar Pizarro briefly but when you look at players like Ballack, Xavi, Modric, Xabi Alonso etc you realise the difference. Yaya's best work has never been deeper than the edge of the area bar the odd run.

Imo I don't think he's what's been missing, it's just that yayas been played in the wrong position.

You think he's a number 10? In that case he's an unnecessary luxury with Kev, we need a player to complement him, Sterling, Aguero, Dinho etc. Plus Yaya's getting worse by the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.