Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have. He's given far too much freedom to go forward and always has been at city to be called a defensive mid. Nobody's slating Yaya here, it's just that he's been best as a box to box, not as a deep playmaker. It's been partially obscured by us not having a deep lying playmaker bar Pizarro briefly but when you look at players like Ballack, Xavi, Modric, Xabi Alonso etc you realise the difference. Yaya's best work has never been deeper than the edge of the area bar the odd run.

That's the point I'm trying to make. His best games for us is when he's played as a CM or further forward

That's where he's always played when he hasn't been behind the striker Fernando/Garcia/NDJ have been our DMs.

I'm talking about this season when most on here have written him off despite playing as a DM.

When he's played as a CM has he been more effective than he has playing as a DM?

Yaya/Silva or Gundogan/De Bruyne. We'll probably end up with about the same total goals anyway.

I'm talking about this season when most on here have written him off despite playing as a DM.

When he's played as a CM has he been more effective than he has playing as a DM?

I can honestly say I've never seen Yaya play and stay in front of the back 4 at City so I can't answer the question.

Yaya/Silva or Gundogan/De Bruyne. We'll probably end up with about the same total goals anyway.

De Bruyne has 15 and counting this season despite missing pre season and the first few games and getting a bad injury, he'll get us goals at a better rate than Yaya, although he might not match that one off 2014 total.

De Bruyne has 15 and counting this season despite missing pre season and the first few games and getting a bad injury, he'll get us goals at a better rate than Yaya, although he might not match that one off 2014 total.

Even less reason to worry about Gundogans lack of goals. All I want Gundogan to do is sit in the middle, dictate games, and don't let people get past him. He can leave the goal scoring to the 4 people ahead of him.

Even less reason to worry about Gundogans lack of goals. All I want Gundogan to do is sit in the middle, dictate games, and don't let people get past him. He can leave the goal scoring to the 4 people ahead of him.
Tbf if you take Yaya's 24 goal season out his record reads 10,9,9,12,8 and counting. Good for a centre mid but not irreplaceable if we can start getting the goals from the hole and the wide areas we haven't really gotten the last 5 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.