Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf if you take Yaya's 24 goal season out his record reads 10,9,9,12,8 and counting. Good for a centre mid but not irreplaceable if we can start getting the goals from the hole and the wide areas we haven't really gotten the last 5 seasons.

I think we're saying the same thing here ;)

This goal/assist comparison to Yaya two seasons ago ranks pretty high in the list of stupid conversations. Luka Modric has 1 goal and 4 assists for Madrid this season in 28 appearances. Ask their supporters what they think of him.

We're looking for a conductor in the middle of the pitch, & Gundogan is a conductor in the middle of the pitch. Sounds like a great fit... I trust Aguero - plus whichever combination Pep decides on for the remaining 3 attacking midfielders - to supply goals and assists.

This goal/assist comparison to Yaya two seasons ago ranks pretty high in the list of stupid conversations. Luka Modric has 1 goal and 4 assists for Madrid this season in 28 appearances. Ask their supporters what they think of him.

We're looking for a conductor in the middle of the pitch, & Gundogan is a conductor in the middle of the pitch. Sounds like a great fit... I trust Aguero - plus whichever combination Pep decides on for the remaining 3 attacking midfielders - to supply goals and assists.

bees-knees2.jpg

He makes more interceptions than Fernandinho and dictates play in the middle with his excellent passing. He doesn't get many assists, due to being deep, but he is very creative. He makes a lot of "pre-assists"

I watched BVB vs Hoffenheim last month and he came on in the last 15mins at 0-1 and completely turned the game, setting up 2 goals (1 assist / 1 pre assist)

We have needed a player like him for ages.

I know its not about goals and assists only, even though they are very important.

You can compare them with any any aspect of their game, and you will find the old lazy Yaya is as good as the young hardworking Gundogan.

But you have a very good point about Modric though.

Anyway, I am not against signing him specially at the reasonable price we are reading and hopefully he will be good addition to the team.

It's happening, lads.

If we can keep him fit for the majority of the season, he will soon enough become our most integral part of our first eleven. I'd definitely take an on-form Gundogan over Thiago, or, let's say, Kross (completely different position and role, I know).

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/bundesliga-ilkay-guendogan-zieht-es-wohl-zu-pep-guardiola-1.2953558

Gündogan: towards Manchester City

There are strong indications that Ilkay Gündogan is leaving in summer Borussia Dortmund.

His new club is to be Manchester City. A fee of 38 million euros is in the room.

It may well be that the endless transfer Theater to Ilkay Gündogan has arrived in the last act. However, his employer Borussia Dortmund know - allegedly - still nothing. The "deal" announced by the British tabloid The Sun exists perhaps between the player and the future Guardiola club Manchester City - BVB but wants date no request and no offer.

The Sun had proclaimed a change of the Dortmund international's a wealthy sheik club a few weeks ago. Back then denied Ilkays uncle and advisor Ilhan Gündogan but via Twitter. This time, the newspaper also reports details about a lease running until 2021 and also a supposed fee amounting to 30 million pounds, or about 38 million euros. Dortmund may officially know from the decision of his playmaker anything yet, a release in such a height, but one would like to take you in Borussia.

That Gündogan from the four players whose contracts expire in 2017 (also still Hummels, Schmelzer and Mkhitaryan), would be to keep the most difficult, is the BVB managers have long understood. Until now it had been assumed that the 25-year old would have a hard time with a decision against the "project Dortmund", but now it admits that it could go in Gündogan towards Manchester City.

Recently he had renewed his contract twice for only one year. First, because a lengthy back injury put him more than a year out of action, and no one knew if he would ever be fit again; the second time because he - was not yet back in a form that can be negotiated with the attractive contracts - from injury. 2015 was even Gonzalo Castro already fetched as Gündogan successor when Gündogan then decided late, but to want to stay in Dortmund.

Guardiola will probably be an argument for Gündogan
Manchester City had not been counted Gündogans desire clubs, the players had seen himself rather with a caliber of Real Madrid or FC Barcelona. Pep Guardiola as the new coach would probably enhance the club in the eyes of new players but. And that salaries at the Citizens often between ten and 15 million euros are, like to play a role in the forthcoming decision; in Dortmund, the pain threshold is about half.

Whether the rumored release of 38 million euros is true, but one may well doubt. Borussia Dortmund is in Gündogan in a situation similar to the FC Bayern München with Mario Götze. Götze is said of the explicit desire to return to Dortmund; and if Bayern and Götze not extend their current contract only until 2017, a particularly high transfer fee will be hardly prevail. The Dortmundern it could go similarly with City and Gündogan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.