Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he only has a year left on his contract but I do hope we don't fuck this one up by pissing around with the fee! if he costs £20m then so be it! world class midfielder at the right age in the mould we desperately need. just get it done txiki!

Borussia Dortmund will not let Gundogan go for the rumoured €25m transfer fee, even with only 1 year remaining on his contract. [Bild]

If City wants to get to the next level AND have the strategical advantage of financial strength it shouldn't be about money or bargain hunting.

Question is what kind of players do City want and need.

Ilkay has a brilliant technique and a fine passing ability.
But he is not a leader nor a fighter. Not the special kind of winning mentality you need to have to be top.
He is a very polite and intelligent guy, and certainly a good team player.

Would be ok as a sub, or at the side of a big gun like Yaya once was.
Sign the big names first. Then think about Gundogan.

A serious concern certainly is his injury history. Hands off. If that's still possible.

Breaking reports from Sport Bild: Manchester City have made an improved offer of €22m + €5m in bonuses to Dortmund for Ilkay Gündogan.

Sport Bild say Dortmund - who were expecting a fixed decision on Gündogan by the end of April - want at least €25m plus bonuses.

Breaking reports from Sport Bild: Manchester City have made an improved offer of €22m + €5m in bonuses to Dortmund for Ilkay Gündogan.

Sport Bild say Dortmund - who were expecting a fixed decision on Gündogan by the end of April - want at least €25m plus bonuses.
This is another Wolfsburg all over again

This is another Wolfsburg all over again

While I’m all up for standing firm on this £5m is nothing in the grand scheme of our transfer dealings. By all means go through the motions but just get it done at the end.
Gundogen in and Yaya out would be great business this summer.

25 million Euros is less than 20 million pounds. Not sure which bonuses BVB expects, but it does in any case sound like a small price for a player like Gündogan.

He is coming obviously, couldn't care less if we'd pay 5 million more or less. Not my money and we obviously don't lack it :)

It's part of the game and on the end we'll find a deal to satisfy both clubs.

He is coming obviously, couldn't care less if we'd pay 5 million more or less. Not my money and we obviously don't lack it :)

It's part of the game and on the end we'll find a deal to satisfy both clubs.
This is pretty much a done deal. Just crossing t's and doting i's. Good player BUT big concerns regarding his injury record so perhaps he is coming to the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.