Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, yes they have. And Gundogan has been key to that revival under Tuchel.

Agreed. Himself and Lewandowski made Klopp, not the other way round. Even Reus and the two centre halves haven't played that big a role this season and they're the closest they've been to that Bayern team in a while.

Fat fucker when injured ! When fit he's quite good isn't he ?

Proto Pep model of a player and possibly available at a reasonable fee due to his contract situation too ... It's going to be an intriguing Summer.

Agreed. Himself and Lewandowski made Klopp, not the other way round. Even Reus and the two centre halves haven't played that big a role this season and they're the closest they've been to that Bayern team in a while.
Hummels hasn't been at the same level, but Sokratis has been superb and was probably the best thing Klopp left behind for them. As usual Reus has been stunted by injuries, although not on the same level as last year; it seems he will be a player remembered as "what could have been".

They're the closest they've been to Bayern for a few years, but in terms of when they actually play (der Klassiker is at weekend actually) they are further apart than when Klopp was in his pomp there. That may be to Tuchel's inexperience at the top level, as for me, he'll exceed Klopp on the managerial stage. One of the best qualities that Dortmund possessed with both Klopp and Tuchel, primarily down to Watzke I'd say, is the ability to pick/find a player who isn't necessarily a top name. You look at Gundogan, Lewandowski and Sven Bender and more lately Weigl and even Aubameyang - they weren't household names but were picked up for relatively cheap and have gone on to become much better players. I don't include Hummels and Reus as they were fairly well known, and highly rated when Dortmund signed them. I'd like to see us do more of that and think Pep will include a number of these sorts of players.

-------------------Hart------------------------
Sagna-----Kompany--Otamendi----Sandro
--------Dinho------Gundogan-------
----KDB--------Silva--------Pogba--------
-----------------Aguero------------

??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.