Guus Hiddink needs a new job.......

Do some posters read what they write before pressing that submit button! Hughes as Hiddink's assistant near classic thread material.

I personally think hughes is a very poor manager, not going to justify my opinion to the Hughes In Brigade. But even I don't think you can sack Hughes at the moment as we are currently 6th with a game in hand to go 4th. Now if we were 8th or worse then fair enough.

I do like the sound of the director of football position in theory but practically I don't think it works, Hughes would know Hiddink was only their waiting for him to be given the push ready to take over with a knowledge of the club and players.

He also has a very close relationship with that corrupt russian at chelsea. He would have to wear a radioactivity detector at all times if he ever managed another english club.

EDIT: Cheers Bob should read my own posts

BlueMoonWalker said:
Do some posters read what they write before pressing that submit button! Hughes as Hiddink's assistant near classic thread material.

I personally think hughes is a very poor manager, not going to justify my opinion to the Hughes In Brigade. But even I don't think you can sack Hughes at the moment as we are currently 4th with a game in hand.

We are 4th? Has there been a tear in the space/time continuum?

BobKowalski said:
BlueMoonWalker said:

I personally think hughes is a very poor manager, not going to justify my opinion to the Hughes In Brigade. But even I don't think you can sack Hughes at the moment as we are currently 4th with a game in hand.

We are 4th? Has there been a tear in the space/time continuum?

How did I know you'd be quick to split that hair...;- )

Time to break my silence on hughes for this season.

I have always said only replace him when we have a better option , This is the better option so get hiddink in now before someone else does.

As has been said before . Hughes has done well with his signings (one exception) considering our profile and his profile. We have signed th best we can given our current situation. The team is now his team and we look top 8 to 4 team with a top 10-6 manager however he is a long ball manager with a footballing team. This is now hughes team and I still dont think he is getting the best out of them. He made us a mid table team only by spending millions last year when we should have been a mid table team anyway.

Hiddink can take us to the next level and will get the best out of the players we have and will also be able to aquire players of the next level

Brilliant manager and would love him at City. He is able to handle big players and keep them happy and fight for it. I wouldn't sack Hughes (yet), let's see were we are in Januari first...

Hughes won't be Hiddinks assistant it's a ridiculous prospect.

We'll get Jose in for that job, Hughes can be 3IC.

supercity36 said:
sorry guus, no room at the inn for me as im not one of the ***** not backing the manager and slaggin him off at every chance

Exactly, sustainable and steady growth is what need need.

eagle said:
supercity36 said:
sorry guus, no room at the inn for me as im not one of the ***** not backing the manager and slaggin him off at every chance

100% guarentee me now that giving Hughes a lot of time will lead to success and i will change my mind on him?

You cant can you?

You pin your stabilty argument on Baconface but what about the Barca's of this world or the Milan's or Chelsea's?

They dont seem to have any problems doing well despite changing the man in charge because they believe that they can get someone better in.

We can get better than Hughes and we should do, asap.

blueinsa said:
eagle said:

100% guarentee me now that giving Hughes a lot of time will lead to success and i will change my mind on him?

You cant can you?

You pin your stabilty argument on Baconface but what about the Barca's of this world or the Milan's or Chelsea's?

They dont seem to have any problems doing well despite changing the man in charge because they believe that they can get someone better in.

Like I keep saying, the 'steady growth' argument works on the basic assumption that Hughes is a quality manager who has the ability to enable us to make steady growth. That's a big assumption.

m27 said:
blueinsa said:

You cant can you?

Like I keep saying, the 'steady growth' argument works on the basic assumption that Hughes is a quality manager who has the ability to enable us to make steady growth. That's a big assumption.

Spot on!

How does the saying go..."you cant make a silk purse out of a sow's ear"

Some stick to the stability argument like it's the holy grail of football.

Maybe, just maybe, by being the real deal at management, winning football games and trophy's, you earn the right to have the stability and time in the job?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.