Guy thrown out of toilets 121

de niro said:
AntonDonJuan said:
Did anyone else see the old fella thrown out from the toilets at 121????

He was leaning against the wall and everytime the stewards came down he shouted 'they're here again' warning the smokers about them. When I walked past for a piss 3 stewards walked towards him and said 'you smell like smoke' so the bloke says 'you smell like shit but it doesn't mean you've had one'

Anyway they fucked off and everyone was laughing, as I walked they were on their way back and he shouted 'they're here again!' Next thing 3 of them are dragging him up the stairs. There was a woman at the top of the stairs short spikey blonde hair who seemed ok with him having a laugh saying 'come with us' but the 3 blokes were pushing him along while he protested he had done nothing wrong

Looked totally out of order to me, you can't kick a bloke out for shouting that stewards are one their way

well done the stewards.

Agreed just in case the messages isn't getting through. Its just a shame that things have had to come to this and that people think that they are above the law.

For the life of me cannot understand why stadiums don't have a smoking area. At upton park everyone smokes in the emergency staircase (where no one goes) and the stewards don't give a shit.

At Lord's you can smoke anywhere (apart from in the stands), and bring your own food and booze in, and drink in the stands. I know which one is a better experience.

Speaker said:
For the life of me cannot understand why stadiums don't have a smoking area. At upton park everyone smokes in the emergency staircase (where no one goes) and the stewards don't give a shit.

At Lord's you can smoke anywhere (apart from in the stands), and bring your own food and booze in, and drink in the stands. I know which one is a better experience.

The reason smoking is banned at The Etihad is because it's against the law.

It really is getting boring now with people saying " the club should do this, the club should do that blah, blah, blah. The club can't. It is against the law to smoke in stadiums and City have no choice in the matter. They would be acting illegally and breaching the stadium lease agreement if they allowed smoking.

There are loads of anecdotes about other grounds allowing smoking. Some fans say City allow it! Doesn't make it legal I'm afraid

mammutly said:
Speaker said:

It really is getting boring now with people saying " the club should do this, the club should do that blah, blah, blah. The club can't. It is against the law to smoke in stadiums and City have no choice in the matter. They would be acting illegally and breaching the stadium lease agreement if they allowed smoking.

There are loads of anecdotes about other grounds allowing smoking. Some fans say City allow it! Doesn't make it legal I'm afraid

It is only against the law of the land to smoke in substantially enclosed public spaces, therefore the spirals are not covered by the governments legislation, and if the club were to construct fenced in pens OUTSIDE then they would not fall foul of this draconian bit of legislation either, but it would ensure that those that needed a fix of a legal substance would be able to away from those that dont want their health affected by a bit of passive smoke.

Dont get mixed up here between the Law of the land and council regulations, as I am sure that if MCFC were to request designated smoking areas to be used at the ground at half time, the council wouldnt put too much obstacles in their way, and it would almost certainly lead to people geting to the ground earlier, meaning more money for MCFC, a better atmosphere and no one choking or being evicted because of smoking in the loos.

Why the hell should we spoil the look of the ground with some stupid pens just because some people can't go two hours without a fix. It must be terrible to be so addicted. Do these people have to wake up every hour in the night for a fix?

law74 said:
mammutly said:
Speaker said:

It is only against the law of the land to smoke in substantially enclosed public spaces, therefore the spirals are not covered by the governments legislation, and if the club were to construct fenced in pens OUTSIDE then they would not fall foul of this draconian bit of legislation either, but it would ensure that those that needed a fix of a legal substance would be able to away from those that dont want their health affected by a bit of passive smoke.

Dont get mixed up here between the Law of the land and council regulations, as I am sure that if MCFC were to request designated smoking areas to be used at the ground at half time, the council wouldnt put too much obstacles in their way, and it would almost certainly lead to people geting to the ground earlier, meaning more money for MCFC, a better atmosphere and no one choking or being evicted because of smoking in the loos.

I'm fairly sure it's against the law to smoke in anyone's place of work. People work in the stadium.

manchester blue said:
Why the hell should we spoil the look of the ground with some stupid pens just because some people can't go two hours without a fix. It must be terrible to be so addicted. Do these people have to wake up every hour in the night for a fix?

To eradicate the problems of people smoking in the bogs.
To improve the matchday experience for the many fans that enjoy a smoke with their half time pint.
To encourage people to get to the ground earlier (and spend more in the ground)
& how hard would it be to have pens set up at four or five locations at the ground (similar to the temporary fences that used to be wet up at the back of the North Stand at Maine Road)
Rather than people think that it doesnt affect me why should i care, why not think about if it makes the game better for fellow blues and does not make it worse for others, then surely it should be a good idea, and at least thought about.

mammutly said:
buzzer1 said:
mammutly said:
Yep bars and food are fine. The players go to bars and eat food. I've seen em at it !
And Socrates(brzil 80s man) was a chainsmoker, wooney has a drag and so did Gazza, oh i Dickov as well.

Back in the day, buzz.

The premiership has improved and the players are now subject to all sorts of tests and fitness measures. They can smoke if they want to, but no smoker would make it to the top and stay there in the modern game. The physical demands are just too great.
Well that's patently bollocks.

-- Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:55 pm --

mammutly said:
Speaker said:

Is it fuck against the law to have a pen outside as they manage in plenty of stadiums.

Take your lies elsewhere.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:57 pm --<br /><br />
mammutly said:
law74 said:
mammutly said:

I'm fairly sure it's against the law to smoke in anyone's place of work. People work in the stadium.
What part of outside is so complicated for you to not understand?

Or are you saying it's against the law (lol) to smoke in a beer garden also? It is a place of work as much as the outside of a stadium. More so in fact.

Just want to be clear on something stewards have no powers of arrest right? So if a steward manhandles you, or to be honest even touches you then he/ she can be judged to have assaulted you, unless he/ she was acting in the interest of public safety and used reasonable force.

On this occasion the guy would have been within his rights not to move anywhere and ask the stewards to get the police. Alternatively you can always do a runner as if the stewards try to restrain you again this could be judged as assault.

Could be wrong but this is what I work by and they haven't got hold of me yet.

AlanBallsWldcupMedal said:
Just want to be clear on something stewards have no powers of arrest right? So if a steward manhandles you, or to be honest even touches you then he/ she can be judged to have assaulted you, unless he/ she was acting in the interest of public safety and used reasonable force.

On this occasion the guy would have been within his rights not to move anywhere and ask the stewards to get the police. Alternatively you can always do a runner as if the stewards try to restrain you again this could be judged as assault.

Could be wrong but this is what I work by and they haven't got hold of me yet.

I'm sure they have the power to eject you otherwise the club wouldn't risk such a policy now would they...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.