Gym tips

I never really enjoyed the lower rep range for a sustained period as i felt less athletic and my physique was less pleasing,but again....there are many factors to consider,as you state....the goal required,the exercise itself and the individual involved.

Keep it simple but experiment would be my advice.....did i also mention diet?? ;-)
Bearing in mind those 3 core pillars (the work, the diet, and rest/recovery that you've touched on - feelng the 50 'change' too btw), I'd also add a 4th principle that applies to each one and for me has really been thing thing that either supercharges or merfs each one: consistency. (Both in terms of frequency and quality).

Bearing in mind those 3 core pillars (the work, the diet, and rest/recovery that you've touched on - feelng the 50 'change' too btw), I'd also add a 4th principle that applies to each one and for me has really been thing thing that either supercharges or merfs each one: consistency. (Both in terms of frequency and quality).

You are spot on,ive been consistent for the last 20 years....and i mean to mental lengths much of the time.

My advise on that would be determined,be regimented in your approach,but ensure you also keep a balance.....i didnt,and while i have always been in great shape.....from various respects,i also paid a few prices .

Never done it,i don't see the benefits and i don't like the angle.

DB/BB incline press,Dips,and flyes,will cover your bases.
Most people when it comes to chest is that its usually there upper chest that is underdeveloped. Its rare that you specifically need to target the 'lower' chest and do any sort of decline press.

If a chest day looks like above then you have all bases covered. Incline (upper), flyes ('mid') and a dip will target both chest and triceps to an extent.

Most people when it comes to chest is that its usually there upper chest that is underdeveloped. Its rare that you specifically need to target the 'lower' chest and do any sort of decline press.

If a chest day looks like above then you have all bases covered. Incline (upper), flyes ('mid') and a dip will target both chest and triceps to an extent.

Thanks for the confirmation ;-)

My advice to try for a month to lose some timber:

Stop eating bread, any kind and
Incorporate some deadlifts into routine, watch some YT vids on form first, don't go mental

My advice to try for a month to lose some timber:

Stop eating bread, any kind and
Incorporate some deadlifts into routine, watch some YT vids on form first, don't go mental

Making wiser choices can be done,for example....Rye bread or wholemeal pitta,even a bagel post workout.

But generally for many,bread is a diet killer,i agree.

Both deadlifts and squats are the best bang for buck exercises for overall strength,fitness and weight management.

As you say though,technique has to be nailed,leave ego at the door and ensure a proper form and range of motion.

Making wiser choices can be done,for example....Rye bread or wholemeal pitta,even a bagel post workout.

But generally for many,bread is a diet killer,i agree.

Both deadlifts and squats are the best bang for buck exercises for overall strength,fitness and weight management.

As you say though,technique has to be nailed,leave ego at the door and ensure a proper form and range of motion.

I used to love eating bread, I would buy a fresh loaf of sour dough a week. Realised how much it contributes to weight gain so I removed bread completely from my diet. (I'm a healthy weight at the moment).

I won't lie, during winter months I was craving bread but managed to plug the gap with mini bagels to last for the week and sometimes wholemeal pitta to enjoy with some houmous.

I used to love eating bread, I would buy a fresh loaf of sour dough a week. Realised how much it contributes to weight gain so I removed bread completely from my diet. (I'm a healthy weight at the moment).

I won't lie, during winter months I was craving bread but managed to plug the gap with mini bagels to last for the week and sometimes wholemeal pitta to enjoy with some houmous.
during dieting fazes i have tried cutting out carbs as a majority for a while.

But it got so tedious and unenjoyable when dieting for 3/4/5 months. I enjoy bread as much as the next guy so just ended up mentally tracking it when i ate it and deducted calories from another meal. Say it was oven fries to just sweet potato fries. I found that to be a more enjoyable way of doing things as still keeping in a diet but still enjoying bread ; )

After dislocating my right wrist, having compartment syndrome in the same forearm, breaking the radius & ulna in the left, whilst also dislocating my elbow & ripping off my tricep, I can’t use the gym for upper body anymore

However, I’ve found that pretty much every upper body machine in a gym can easily be replicated in a pool

So anyone who’s either fucked physically with risk of dislocation or recovering from serious surgery, I’d highly recommend using water for resistance in a pool. Great support for your body & if it gets too tough, just slow the movements down

I’d actually suggest any of you gym bunnies try it just as a bit of a change. Takes a bit of thinking at first as to what movements to make, but I honestly enjoy it more than I ever did when I could go the gym :)

After dislocating my right wrist, having compartment syndrome in the same forearm, breaking the radius & ulna in the left, whilst also dislocating my elbow & ripping off my tricep, I can’t use the gym for upper body anymore
That must have been some wank.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.