Haaland the superstar

I hope the kids aren’t copying his goal celebrations too much.

It’s one thing sliding 10 yards on your arse on damp, lush, grass. On concrete, not so clever.

Seriously though. The thing I love about him is he somehow pulls off being the ultimate professional that I’m sure he his, whilst simultaneously giving the impression he’s like a young child, just running around and playing because it’s great fun.

Haaland is a game changer with kids, he is everything a kid wants to be.

Perception wise he is huge, he is quick, he is strong, he is the epitome of masculinity. And he scores for fun, enjoys scoring for fun and has epic celebrations. How many kids will have Haaland as there 9 playing play station games or whatever is popular.
Yeah, my cousins kids have been pretty much brainwashed to be rags by their dad, but they're now Haaland fans as well.

Seems weird, but I'm not sure their rag dad can stop them converting, especially when most of the rest of the family are blues too.

It may sound strange but coming from someone that has brought kids up and keeping his incredible talents to one side for a moment that there is this wonderful child like wide eyed innocence about him which people love. He is completely endearing and easily likeable and there is little doubt in my mind that he will become our most loved player ever.

Just been watching tunnel cam and the reverence the kids show, the excitement to see him, the looks of awe in their eyes is quite wonderful to see. Kids grow up wanting to be footballers, how many in the playgrounds of the UK are now Erling, copying his goal celebrations and wanting to be him. We have been fortunate over the years to see some greats play for our beloved club, I grew up in awe of Colin Bell, if i was a kid today i really think i would want to be Haaland. He has charisma, he is cool, he is a rock star in a City shirt.

Is he therefore our first genuine superstar?

By that I mean a player that transcends club loyalty, he is genuinely adored for being him by fans of other teams. I met a couple of lads earlier this season who had no love of City but where at the Etihad to see Haaland in the flesh. He is outrageous in his scoring feats, every stat is off the scale.

Is he really in the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo?

Or is it possible he will eventually be seen as greater as them?
I like the lad confidence as a footballer. Yet modesty as a man. I hope that's the Norwegian influence in him.

Long may it continue

Funnily enough I was parked outside the missus’ house waiting for her on Sunday. Some kids playing football in the street and one of them said ‘I’m Haaland’.

Made me smile. He is a genuine superstar.

Yaya, Silva, Aguero changed this club forever and lifted it to new heights in the modern era. I know they didn’t do it alone but these 3 lifted the players around them as well, such was their influence and talent. Haaland will do the exact same thing and maybe take us even further on to another level. Only certain players can do this and they are all superstars.

Last edited:
A friend of a friend met him in skimpy budgie smugglers last week whilst taking a post training test. Said she blushed like a teen and she's in her mid 50's.
He's got presence, pazazz - and whatever was lurking in those pants seemed to impress...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.