Hacienda-Happy 30th Birthday

Fitton said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
SANKEYS

is definitely the best place for a quality night out in town

Bouncers are fucking bell ends.

We went to go to a night there a couple of months ago, with tickets, and were turned away without a reason!

There was no dress code and none of us were balooning, simply we just didn't look 'studenty' enough!! :/

Expensive as fuck sankeys

Never went .. But like previous posts spent alot of Monday night at Ritz and rock world thurs, fri ( all nighter) and Sat... Good times indeed

Chungo said:
Fitton said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
SANKEYS

is definitely the best place for a quality night out in town

We went to go to a night there a couple of months ago, with tickets, and were turned away without a reason!

There was no dress code and none of us were balooning, simply we just didn't look 'studenty' enough!! :/

Yeah they are arseholes mate, it is quite expensive but it's sooo sick! I've been about 15 times and only ever been turned away once.

LongsightM13 said:
happychappy said:
Does anybody remember 'foot patrol' a dance troupe that used to go in the hacienda, used to wear spats and the like
Wasn't there one called The Jazz Defektors?

Yeah , one of my mates was a friend of Salts out of the Jazz Defektors, he was sound, gave us a bunch of invites to the Happy Mondays video shoot for WFL at Legends.

I loved the Haç, hand great times there, wasn't as good as The Thunderdome though - that was proper Manchester 'aving it.

loved the place.one of the last nights it was opened again,was for a jungle night.very dark! 2 spraywayed up characters got on the stairs,next thing gunshot! mad as f*ck. for some reason (white doves),we thought we'd be safe,as we werent gangsters,so we sat on the stage and waited for the tunes to start again.the proper gangsters knew the score and did one whilst duckin and diving through them plastic things that used to be hanging down. young and stupid! im sat here shaking my head at myself now

Kenney_The_Blue said:
Chungo said:
Fitton said:

Yeah they are arseholes mate, it is quite expensive but it's sooo sick! I've been about 15 times and only ever been turned away once.

Did they say why?

As a previous poster said when it was good it was good,and when it was bad it was shite(I paraphrased).
I went to a few gigs in there and the ale was fucking extortionate,when the house thing started and the Salford lot came in,including my late cousin, it was effectively ruined for everyone.
The last time I went in it was moody as fuck and we sacked it off and never looked back,it had had it's day and the tourists , the yonners and the plastic gangsters were the final nail in the coffin.

Only really did the Hacienda for gigs; The Fall, Birthday Party, New Order, World of Twist...

Did a few of the club nights early on, but couldn't be bothered with the mither once the knobheads took over.

The Ritz on a Monday was brilliant; Ironmasters, Everybody's Happy Nowadays, Colourbox Official World Cup Theme, Psychobillys with flat-tops, punks in mohair jumpers, doing Dambusters and trying not to fall on the broken Holsten Pils bottles on the dance floor... Great days...

roman totale said:
Only really did the Hacienda for gigs; The Fall, Birthday Party, New Order, World of Twist...

Did a few of the club nights early on, but couldn't be bothered with the mither once the knobheads took over.

The Ritz on a Monday was brilliant; Ironmasters, Everybody's Happy Nowadays, Colourbox Official World Cup Theme, Psychobillys with flat-tops, punks in mohair jumpers, doing Dambusters and trying not to fall on the broken Holsten Pils bottles on the dance floor... Great days...
Haha. still got that Colourbox World Cup theme on 12in vinyl, must dig it out for a spin

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.