Happy 25th Anniversary of Paul Dickov Day

I've never celebrated like I did with that goal, even the Aguerrrooooo goal. I went absolutely fucking mental! I was with about 50 lads and I remember they were trying to usher me out of the ground at 0-2.. I wasn't having any of it, I was too busy punching fuck out of my seat tbh. Then we scored and that sent me even more mad, screaming why the fuck score now you useless cunts etc etc..I genuinely thought the Horlock goal was going to be the last kick of the game.. I was still getting calls off the lads to do one with em, but I was in Mr fucking angry/martyr/fuck off world mode and I wasn't going anywhere. Then the whole world stood still for a split second, I watched in disbelief as Dickovs shot flew into the top corner, I genuinely can not put into words what I was feeling at that moment. I've never seen celebrations like it,I ended about 6 or 7 rows and even got a cheeky snog of some half decent blonde sort, it was absolute fucking bedlam. I knew at that point we'd go up, and just knew Gillingham were done. What a fucking day that was, a quarter of a century ago. CTIFD.

We flew down from Edinburgh that morning, pottered about in the rain outside Wembley unable to drink as I was recovering from an op.

At 2-0 my then girlfriend, now wife, asked about leaving, she wanted to go. I said there was no point as our flight back wasn’t for ages. Thank you EasyJet scheduling.

In the end, we missed the flight and slept on Luton airport benches.

The celebrations after Dickovs goal were absolutely mental.
I'd left my seat and was on my way out of Wembley....

I 've watched the equaliser twice just now and had tears in my eyes at the sheer unbridled joy/disbelief of Blues...Brought it all flooding back.
What a match!

I dread to think if that game had been subject to modern day VAR etc...imagine that goal being checked for "a possible push " or some other reason....doesnt bear thinking about!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.