Happy 70th birthday Colin Bell

Had the pleasure of watching Colin Bell during the 70's, and I tell you this there was no finer sight than Colin in full flight and scoring some awesome goals during those days at Maine Road, Happy Birthday Colin..............

His 2nd comeback was something special,I can still hear the roar(the loudest I'd ever heard at Maine Rd ) as us in the Kippax could see him standing in the tunnel
Didn't see him play pre Buchan (****) but was there for his first comeback home game, you could still see the class of the man but he had been robbed. There are many prince's playing for us at the moment but non of them yet quite good enough to be the new King!
just be for the start of the 2nd half v QPR replacing Paul Power
Dennis Tueart scored a hat trick but the story/game was all about Colin.He almost scored when put through , he chipped the keeper but the ball landed on the netting.It would have brought the house down if it had gone in
The King

Those of us old enough to remember him play are very lucky. He was superb. A decent, quiet spoken guy too, not like some of the obnoxious twonks I could mention. A great, great player.

Last edited:
There are three things I would do if I went back in time.

The first would be for last week's Euro lottery numbers.

The second would be to become Margot Robbie's first.

And lastly, to watch The King, just to see if if he's every bit as good as my dad weaned me on tales of.

Happy Birthday, legend.

No one could cover the ground like Colin, would often start a move from deep and be there to finish it off with a goal. Scored all kinds of goals too, had a fantastic range of passing and could tackle. All this done on the mud heap pitches of the time, he would be amazing on modern playing surfaces.

Happy Birthday Colin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.