Happy 70th birthday Colin Bell

Happy Birthday Colin. My first City Hero as a kid and the greatest player to pull on our shirt. Fantastic role model. Let's hope we win on Sunday and he is there to see the cup lifted.
Unfortunately, he won't be there on Sunday, As he prefers to shy away from the adulation.

Beast of a player... wish I was around to have seen him play live.

Well, I'll tell yer Steve, he was bloody fantastic! I always thought that with Colin in the side we wouldn't lose. He did tell me outside the main entrance last season when he was goin' in with Tony Book that they lost too bloody many, but yer just knew yer were gonna get a great show out of him. He was Yaya, Ferny and Silva rolled into one! We'll never see the like again.

Just can't believe he's 70!

The greatest ever, love & adore the man. As big a man off the field as he was a star on it.

Happy Birthday Colin, today should be a national holiday or at least a day off for all Blues.

Happy birthday your majesty. Had the privilege of meeting the great man at the launch of Gary James' book. 'Manchester - The City Years'. A quiet, unassuming and modest man did his talking on te field. For those who never saw him play, Yaya at his best comes close.

I always remember, many years ago, Mike Summerbee talking to me about Malcolm Allison and his man-management. Buzzer said that Big Mal knew just how to get the best out of everyone. For him, it was by winding him up and getting him riled. For Neil Young, it was an arm round the shoulder and quiet words of encouragement. I asked about Colin Bell and how Big Mal managed him. Buzzer simply replied that Colin didn't need any managing.

That comeback game on Boxing Day 1977 was one of the most emotional moments watching City, alongside the QPR game and the 1983 game against Luton.

It was , my mistake and I was one of those in tears.
His first goal after returning was against QPR

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.