Happy 70th birthday Colin Bell

No one could cover the ground like Colin, would often start a move from deep and be there to finish it off with a goal. Scored all kinds of goals too, had a fantastic range of passing and could tackle. All this done on the mud heap pitches of the time, he would be amazing on modern playing surfaces.

There are a few great players of the past, who I think would be considerably better in the modern game than they were in their own era. He would piss it over everybody in midfield nowardays. He could do Busquet's job at Barca & score 30 goals, as nobody is allowed to stop him like they were then. And still couldn't.

I wish games had been recorded then, like they are now. Very few of his best moments or performances exist on video.

"We'll drink a drink a drink to Colin the King the King the King!"

js0io5.jpg

sbkfwm.jpg

I was young then when I saw him make his debut away at Derby and he scored .... Something like March 1966 .... In the old second division..

Halcyon Days

Thank you Colin ... You are still The King and a gentleman too

Happy 70th Birthday

That was one of my first away days portishead, I was 12. Not sure I knew who he was or who he would become at the time, but the rest as they say is history.

The greatest player for City in my days.

Some people may want to argue because some players score goals, or create, or defend or have work-rate and track back.

Well Colin did all of that and more!

Happy 70th Birthday King

His 2nd comeback was something special,I can still hear the roar(the loudest I'd ever heard at Maine Rd ) as us in the Kippax could see him standing in the tunnel

just be for the start of the 2nd half v QPR replacing Paul Power
Dennis Tueart scored a hat trick but the story/game was all about Colin.He almost scored when put through , he chipped the keeper but the ball landed on the netting.It would have brought the house down if it had gone in
The King

Wasn't it Newcastle?? Boxing Day.

All I can remember is grown men crying round me - I was still a little kid then and the memory has stuck as I've never experienced such emotion at a game.

Wasn't it Newcastle?? Boxing Day.

All I can remember is grown men crying round me - I was still a little kid then and the memory has stuck as I've never experienced such emotion at a game.
It was and an incredibly emotional game, 0-0 at half time and then the King appeared down the tunnel for the second half. The noise was incredible and the emotion you could almost touch it. We went on to win 4-0 but sadly the King was never the same again.

The best player I have ever seen wearing our shirt, the happiest of birthdays to you King Colin

I'll be drinking a few drinks this wekeend to Colin the King, provided that I manage to get through all the snow between Salamanca and Madrid to catch my flight to that London.

Happy Birthday, legend!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.