Happy 90th Birthday Skip

Had the pleasure of walking past his house most days in Sale. If he was in his garden I would take time to have a quick chat. Happy birthday Skip.

Good read as always that Gary.

Is there anywhere to view the footage of the parade after the '76 league cup win?
It's in the North West Film Archive collection but I don't think this one is online yet. We played it in the film shows I did at Dancehouse and Cornerhouse a few years back but it's BBC footage that the NWFA rescued and I think online rights are an issue.

Maybe Will McTaggart & I should do the film show again? It's always gone down well and there's a lot of Tony Book in there too.

Tony was captain, when I first started supporting City, so he has always had a special place in my heart.

He also has a special place in all City success old enough to remember our 1976 League Cup victory, as he was the last manager to win a major trophy, until Bobby Manc lifted the FA Cup in 2011.

He has held practically every post possible within the club; captain, coach, manager, youth team coach, caretaker manager and life president are among the rôles he has held at Manchester City.

Not bad for someone, who didn’t join us until he was nearly 32.

Happy Birthday, Skip. Here’s to many more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.