Happy Clapper thread

'current form' in November means nothing. Especially in a slugfest season like this.

We now probably have the fittest squad in the league in terms of availability and our fixtures between now and the end of January are very favourable.

We're ready to go.
Hence the "if". You must have missed that.

Well yeah, considering you didn't say it!
Fair point. Humble apologies. My general point still stands, though. On our current form, we won't win the league. So far, we've dropped 12 points. In the centurions' season, we dropped 14 in the whole season. Was that a freakish season? Possibly. Maybe mid-high eighties might be enough this time around; compressed season, lots of muscle injuries, teams will drop more points. We just don't look capable of going on a, say, 10 game winning run to put pressure on Liverpool or Spurs. Hope I'm wrong, mind.

Can’t even have a positive thread without the fucking doom mongers jumping all over it.
Stick to the rest of the forum you miserable sods. There’s more than enough for you all there to get your teeth stuck into.

Fair point. Humble apologies. My general point still stands, though. On our current form, we won't win the league. So far, we've dropped 12 points. In the centurions' season, we dropped 14 in the whole season. Was that a freakish season? Possibly. Maybe mid-high eighties might be enough this time around; compressed season, lots of muscle injuries, teams will drop more points. We just don't look capable of going on a, say, 10 game winning run to put pressure on Liverpool or Spurs. Hope I'm wrong, mind.

The centurion season has been and gone, we're in a different world. We have had a tough start to the season - finishing 3 weeks after everyone else, no pre-season, injuries, covid, fixtures, no strikers, fatigue, Internationals, CL games. Considering everything, including current form which is far from great, we have lost to Leicester and Spurs and drew with Liverpool, Leeds and West Ham. That's not the end of the world all things considered.

What I know is that from this point forward as it stands we are the squad best equipped to see out this kind of season. The squad is fit and the fixtures have opened up at the perfect time. You could easily see us being <3 points behind come Boxing Day looking at our rivals injuries and fixtures. It's gonna be a season of ifs though. If Laporte and Dias get injured we're done. If Liverpool play as well as they did v Leicester with their second string they could run away with it again. If Kane and Son stay injury free Spurs will mount a serious challenge.

I still like our ifs but we're gonna have to pick up a lot of points these next 4 weeks to make up for our form so far.

100 points in a season, never before done and never since (although we had a damn good try). Yeah, I think we can label that one a freakish season Jim ;)

This season is probably going to be equally freakish but for very different reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.