Happy English identity day.

Almost without fail on this day every year, I come across the following guff on social media:
  • "It's ridiculous this is not a bank holiday. Why can we not celebrate being English when others are 'allowed' to celebrate being gay"
  • "They make a big deal out of Black History Month and International Women's Day but nothing for us apart from this day"
Useful though as it makes it easier to identify those who should be blocked.

Almost without fail on this day every year, I come across the following guff on social media:
  • "It's ridiculous this is not a bank holiday. Why can we not celebrate being English when others are 'allowed' to celebrate being gay"
  • "They make a big deal out of Black History Month and International Women's Day but nothing for us apart from this day"

A bank holiday? Yeah another day of rain is exactly what this country needs.

fuckinell jock, your obsessed!
With what? Asking questions? Not with St Andrew, I couldn't even tell you what date that is. I am genuinely interested in people who hold these days as special, more so with people up here who do. Don't have a problem with it at all though, if you like it fine by me. Live and let live.

Here's a typical example of the bell ends

Went for my second Covid jab yesterday, the receptionist was form filling, she looked up an said "Male, White, British?" I replied "I prefer English". She informed me that "English" was not a valid option.

Ah. What about your family leaving Glasgow 400 years ago for Ireland? Did they leave there and return to England?
My grandfather came to Manchester in 1900. A brother went to US and another stayed. The link to Scotland was broken long before.
We are all English now. Scotland and Ireland are just part of our history dimming now the last of my dads nine siblings died. A shame because my aunt was the one who knew all the history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.