Happy St.George's Day

Just went out for pint on lunch, Sinclairs shut, and tons of coppers around.

Speaking to one of them and for the last three years its kicked off round there, so massive police presence and most of the bars shut.

Again, the minority spoling it for the majority

bluejase said:
Timperley_blue said:
Couldn't give a toss myself. Bit like saying happy Friday or happy 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Means nothing.

Do you go out for a beer on Paddys day? Just curious.

That's why I find this 'new' fervor so sad. It's only done because of the popularity of St Paddy's Day. What's next? Parades in every village on Guy Fawkes Day, cos the Americans do it on their day?

Trumped up nonsensical Saint's Days are not all that big and clever.

Sir Winston Churchill

"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England".

happy St Georges Day everybody

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAL9HG2p98g&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU97Yrymwtg&feature=fvw[/youtube]

England shirt on today for me, going out tonight with the Flag tied around my neck with a few lads.

St. Georges Day has always been important to me and my mates (as we all come from very military families), and it's the one day a year where we can forget about all the societal ills that we argue about and come together to show our love for our country.

Happy Georges to one and all.

bluemoon risin' said:
England/Angelic upstarts.

The red in the flag is the blood that was spilt
In the way that your forefathers tell
And never a country been so great
The stories Britannia could tell

I never want to live my life
Away from the golden shores
There's never a country in the world
With the scent of an English rose

England, oh England, a country so great
The land of so fair and so true
There'll never be any colours like
The red, the white and the blue

Whenever you go to the far off shores
Ther's something that goes with you
The pride and the joy and the love that comes
From your mother of red, white and blue

You cold never be born under a flag that's like
The one of a Union Jack
St.George's spirit has never died
It all keeps coming back

England, oh England, a country so great
The land of so fair and so true
There'll never be any colours like
The red, the white and the blue

Tommy mensforth. [1981]

Since when has there been blue in the English flag?

/pedantry

bluespana said:
bluejase said:
Do you go out for a beer on Paddys day? Just curious.

That's why I find this 'new' fervor so sad. It's only done because of the popularity of St Paddy's Day. What's next? Parades in every village on Guy Fawkes Day, cos the Americans do it on their day?

Trumped up nonsensical Saint's Days are not all that big and clever.

I certainly don't celebrate St George's because of paddy's day. I was brought up
to be proud of my history and heritage and have celebrated it every year of my life
with no thought whatsoever to any other country. You say you find this "new" fervour
sad. Personally I find it sad that most Englishmen and Women don't celibrate it and
would love to see more fervour rather than less. Sad truth is that thanks to the
likes of the BNP and the endless disparagment of the English by the media and politicians
alike means that English has become a dirty word.So stand up and be proud of who you are rather
than jumping on the bandwagon that likes to bury our history and slur our countrymen at every opportunity.

For England and St George.

kramer said:
Sir Winston Churchill

"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England".

Wow ! It didn't take long before quotes from the fat, murdering, egotistical, right wing sack of shite were put on here.

Personally I couldn't give a toss about the patron saint of Italy, Greece and...... oh yeah England.

Before anyone asks no I don't have a drink on St. Patrick's day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.