Happy Takeover Day! (7 years ago today)

The day city scored against rags on their grieving moment made a difference for us to get that look in from the buyers which now is Shiekh Mansour.

Think a song is in order ;)
(To the tube of Sgt Peppers by the Beatles)

It was 7 years ago today,
That Sheik told the city to play,
We've been going up and down the league,
But city are all we need,
Say may I introduce to you,
The best act in f***** years,
Pellegrini's one and only man ciiiityyyy!

Updating the 1962 song:

"Back in 2008
Things at City were not great
Sheik Mansour came
He played a game
And bought Robinho.
SINCE THEN!
We won the league, we won the cup"
(and so on)"

I was 15 just about to go into my final year at school, went into town to the bank and to get some new school trousers etc.

I'd saved up and bought my first season ticket in the Spring for the coming season and came home and sat down to SSN hoping for one last signing, remember being gutted that we had sold Corluka! It popped up about 'ADUG' - i just thought 'too good to be true, who the hell are these??', then remember seeing Blues at Eastlands dressed in robes with teatowels wrapped round their heads haha.

The rest of that day was glued to SSN, my Dad kept ringing from work shell-shocked. What happened in that final hour or two with Berbatov and Robinho was just surreal.

Just the one whinge (come on, it wouldn't be BM without a moan about something); I just wish HRH would pop by a bit more often than he actually does. Just the one confirmed visit in 7 years, as far as I'm aware (unless he's come in disguise and mingled with the riff raff in 111 and 114 (115?). It would be great to see him at the stadium again. Come on HRH; we're not that bad a bunch really, apart from the aforementioned troublemakers.

Would love him to come to a game.

Iirc last time it wasn't a brilliant reception for him cause a lot of people wasn't there when he as announced and didn't realise ?.

Hopefully city make a big thing of it. I remember he watched city play Hamburg in the friendly last year but hasn't been to the stadium - I would imagine he would like to see the stand and all in person

Night before the Mrs found a lump. I was at the Doctors with her when the news broke. Two weeks later She got the all clear thankfully (still think Sheik Mansour sorted that too!)
To be honest, then, and only then did it truly mean anything.

Always remember I had a broken ankle at the time I was like
daily_gifdump_845_24.gif
Thank you Sheikh Mansour..

I remember being in Manchester city centre on my lunch break.

A good friend of mine rang me to say we had been taken over by Arabs. Namely, Sheikh Mansour and he was richer than Abramovich. I said how much richer?

10 times richer.

The rest is history.

Having vast amounts of money is not the full answer though. Things that stand out for are how well the club is run, it's work in the community, the training ground complex, the high quality of our elite players, the Chairman's end of season interviews & lastly but certainly not the least, the Aguero moment when we won the title.

It has been a roller coaster and the ride is not ending anytime soon. As others have said, I think it will only get bigger and better.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.