Happy Takeover Day! (7 years ago today)

Cannot believe how far the club has come and I can't put into words how grateful I am to our owner for what he he has done for the club ,the fans and the area around the stadium.

I was driving down to Northampton that morning around this time and not a peep on the radio. Then, just before our weekly programme team meeting was about to begin, someone mentioned that one of the expected participants wouldn't be there as he was back from holiday and had just found out his team had been taken over by an Arab billionaire. I asked which team he supported and was told "Manchester City. That's your team as well isn't it?"

The meeting couldn't end quick enough!

I'd just set off to do some home appointment visits when the news broke, never made any of them, popped home on the way to the first one to have a look on SSN and ended up ringing them all up to cancel. Just watched telly all day.....Berbatov pmsl

That day was ignoring the birth of my son and wedding day the best moment in my life.

Thought it was too good to be true for a good while. But this is a man with a plan and the passion and resources to make it happen. Watch and weep rags, its a hell of a plan!

I can't believe that it's seven years ago, although when you look at the club you can certainly see the vast difference. I was 15 at the time, I remember waking up in the morning and reading mancityforum and BM, I didn't really understand how big it would be. I spent the day playing FIFA whilst constantly refreshing the thread on here. Lost the plot when we signed Robinho, as a 15 year old, what a way to spend one of the last days of the summer holiday, watching it all unfold as your club from childhood is bought out by a billionaire splashing the cash.

He'll soon get board, united will always be top dog, FFP will stop you etc etc

Where's that Laurel and Hardy gif?

I'm sure it didn't really sink in at the time just what a momentous event it was, or would become. If I remember correctly, my first thought was that, after everything we'd been through with Swales, Franny and then Bernstein we were 'safe' financially. Even when Robinho signed, I never imagined I would visit the Nou Camp, freeze my bollocks off in Moscow, share that Aguero moment with fantastic people or be privileged to watch David Silva, Yaya and the many others who grace our team. It's been quite a journey!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.