Happy Takeover Day! (7 years ago today)

I've told this story before but I popped out to the shop to get some milk..came back, switched Sky Sports on and the ticker scrolled across the screen '32 million bid for Berbatov from Manchester...' I at this point thought it was United as they were heavily linked..bit then it was '...City'

I thought Sky had fucked up

What followed was 14 hours solid glued to the TV..a truly amazing day

I was driving down to Northampton that morning around this time and not a peep on the radio. Then, just before our weekly programme team meeting was about to begin, someone mentioned that one of the expected participants wouldn't be there as he was back from holiday and had just found out his team had been taken over by an Arab billionaire. I asked which team he supported and was told "Manchester City. That's your team as well isn't it?"

The meeting couldn't end quick enough!

Funny how news like that can sneak up on otherwise well informed people like you PB.. I mean, there was some people that was in the know, hence the Marco´s ball thread etc

Was at work and one of the bosses came up and asked if I'd heard the news.

I was already on bluemoon reading about it. Rest of the day was just stuck on bluemoon and chatting to blues at work.

Hometime and just stayed on SSN and bluemoon.

Amazing day.

Funny how news like that can sneak up on otherwise well informed people like you PB.. I mean, there was some people that was in the know, hence the Marco´s ball thread etc
I think that even Marco only posted the news hours before it officially broke so it was kept well under wraps.

Just over 2 months before I'd been involved in discussions involving some high-powered and well-connected people in the game about potentially rescuing the club from administration. Yet none of my extensive network of contacts knew or, if they did know, they were keeping schtum.

I think that even Marco only posted the news hours before it officially broke so it was kept well under wraps.

Just over 2 months before I'd been involved in discussions involving some high-powered and well-connected people in the game about potentially rescuing the club from administration. Yet none of my extensive network of contacts knew or, if they did know, they were keeping schtum.
I seem to remember Hughes on his post match interview against Sunderland we won 3-0 I think ,had a weird look on his face as if he was trying not to break out into song, there was talk of fire sales,so I thought his expression was a tad out of place, next day it all happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.