Happy Takeover Day! (7 years ago today)

I know I've said it on here before but the news WAS whispered about beforehand, by quite a few weeks. I can't quite remember the details but I do remember seeing that "ARabian News" article (I think it was late at night on the 31st August) and thinking "So the rumour IS true". Got into work the next morning and all the office blues were buzzing with it, not much work getting done. Then by mid morning everyone knew we were the wealthiest club in the world.

Correct..
Div Links below
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/companies/manchester-city-fc-england-75155.html?page=7

By Andy Sambidge
Tuesday, 26 August 2008 1:31 PM
A potential buyer from the UAE is ready to pay around $150 million for a controlling interest in Premier League club Manchester City.
The investors are not from Dubai but one of the other emirates and do not include Dubai International Capital, the suitors of Liverpool FC, according to media reports in the UK on Tuesday.
It is believed the Arab investors had representatives at Manchester City's home match against West Ham United on Sunday, the Manchester Evening News reported.

The interest from the Gulf region comes as club owner Thaksin Shinawatra is embroiled in financial problems stemming from corruption charges back in his home nation of Thailand.

Being from Belfast meant that just like rats, I was never more than a few metres away from a scum supporter. I had to endure their taunts all the way through high school as I was the only city supporter there and they were winning everything. Down to the old second division and back up again, my love for city never waivered.

The day of the takeover, I was randomly off work. I got a text from a coworker, a rag of course, telling me that I had better switch on SSN. What a day that was, bettered only by the playoff final and 93:20.

I know I don't come from Manchester, but my dad supports city and that's where I got it from since birth. Every time I hear the word 'Manchester' in a conversation or on TV my ears prick up, that's how obsessive city is to me.

Everything changed that day, I think we all knew as blues that the city roller coaster had just started another ascent and was about to take us on another mad ride.

Funnily I recall a fair bunch of Belfast lads turning up now and then so you can´t have been "the only cityfan in the village" sort of..

The other great story that emerged from the takeover is that when the media were contacting City's press office they weren't briefed on what to say and so didn't/couldn't say anything
The media contacted the Sheikh's press office and they had no details of anything, as they're only briefed on deals that are valued at half a billion or more

On the 30th August I went on a big night out and on the night bus back I was drukenly telling people I was from the future and City were champions and the biggest club in the world. I know, I know...

Anyway, a couple of days later they must have been thinking 'wft?!'. Haha.

On the 30th August I went on a big night out and on the night bus back I was drukenly telling people I was from the future and City were champions and the biggest club in the world. I know, I know...

Anyway, a couple of days later they must have been thinking 'wft?!'. Haha.
Lottery numbers for Saturday night, if you please!

For making an old blue's dreams come true.....

Sheikh-Mansour-007.jpg

Thank you HRH.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving set of fans. It's not just pure money either; it's damn smart ownership to have achieved so much on & off the pitch (from what I've seen of of your local developments) in such a short amount of time. Pure (dumb) money hasn't done much for the scum lately; shite on the pitch (unless Young catches it), and not even a lick of paint for Old Scaffold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.