Hargreaves, Assulin released

The Pink Panther said:
It's a cruel sport at times, but if they're good enough they'll all find other clubs to ply their trade at
Hargreaves will end up at a Championship club like Bolton and I imagine Assulin will go to Israel
Must say I'm really disappointed it didn't work out for Assulin. I think we all had great hopes, but isn't it amazing how fantastic YouTube can make a player can look

-- May 22nd, '12, 15:07 --

GeorgeP823 said:
Surprised (but happy city are continuing to help with his injury problems) that Michael Johnson hasn't been let go

We need someone to fag the ball from behind the goals in training

cruel, but it made ME laugh :)

I'm working in West Sussex each week and half the guys I work with are Brighton supporters. They were delighted when they managed to get Assulin on loan and they say that he seemed to 'look' the part (composed on the ball and had a few tricks) but wasn't ever effective (didn't find space / poor ball control in receipt of a pass / a mix of good and crap passes made / didn't ever have the fight to win 50/50's etc).
I'm always hopeful when young talent arrives but feel that it's better they move on quick if they don't progress, due to ability or attitude, as that means that there's a berth available for another youngster who may have the talent and make the effort.

Thankfully we have moved on now and only the strongest and best will survive to stay at the club.It is tough but it is a ruthless business and years of settling for second best and sentiment got us nowhere.Mancini and his team are winners and the weak and uninterested will fall by the wayside.

ban-mcfc said:
when is it time to say goodbye to michael johnson do people think?
Now. I can't see him ever playing for us again. Even discounting any potential incoming transfers during the summer, who (out of the first choice starting midfield) would you drop for him? Assuming that Merlin and Yaya are undroppable, and GazBaz not that far behind them, that leaves Nasri. So the question is who would be the more reliable ''big game'' player; a fully fit MJ, or Samir?

carlos92 said:
Has Gunnar Nielsen disappeared or is he still on our books?

presumably his contract aint up yet. but i would like to see him go, we have other keepers (panti and erik johansen that could do with game time at EDS level. then there is lawlor and gunn who have potential futures, whereas nielsen doesn't

I guess it's one of the things about becoming a successful club, the bar gets raised even higher, I am always sad when i hear of players getting released it seems so brutal especially to young players but such is life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.