Hargreaves, Assulin released

Chris in London said:
The Pink Panther said:
It's a cruel sport at times, but if they're good enough they'll all find other clubs to ply their trade at
Hargreaves will end up at a Championship club like Bolton and I imagine Assulin will go to Israel
Must say I'm really disappointed it didn't work out for Assulin. I think we all had great hopes, but isn't it amazing how fantastic YouTube can make a player can look

-- May 22nd, '12, 15:07 --

GeorgeP823 said:
Surprised (but happy city are continuing to help with his injury problems) that Michael Johnson hasn't been let go

We need someone to fag the ball from behind the goals in training

Can see Hargreaves going to one of the newly promoted sides - team like Southampton could probably do with a player with his experience even if they probably wouldn't get that many games out of him. Not so much West Ham as they have only just gone down but it's been a while since Southampton were in the top flight.

I think City signed him with the aim of him playing in the Coke Cup / early FA Cup rounds and cover for when Yaya was away in Africa.
The fact he was really only fit to play in 4 games was telling.

Playing for Southampton or other teams, they will want him to play 20 plus a season and just can't see him fit enough to be able to do that.
City could afford the gamble, not many others will do the same.

Think we might still hear something of Ahmed Benali in a couple of years.With the right opportunities there is plenty of talent there for an intelligent coach to work with.I think he has been the victim of the poor youth development system in this country when lads reach 18.

stockportblue said:
Think we might still hear something of Ahmed Benali in a couple of years.With the right opportunities there is plenty of talent there for an intelligent coach to work with.I think he has been the victim of the poor youth development system in this country when lads reach 18.

Hoping the new U21 Premier League can help 18-21 development as a lot of players do seem to just hit a brick wall at some point.

stockportblue said:

Let's hope so. Out of interest, what do you think is poor about youth development beyond 18? Is is the bridging of that transition to adult football? The absence of competitive football of a high enough standard post-age group football?

Nicky D said:
stockportblue said:

Let's hope so. Out of interest, what do you think is poor about youth development beyond 18? Is is the bridging of that transition to adult football? The absence of competitive football of a high enough standard post-age group football?

Its partly down to lack of competitive football.Once the lads are out of age restricted football there seems to be too many players for the shirts.I think some lads arent getting enough game time and their development goes backward.I saw enough of Ahmed Benali at 16/17/18 to kno wthat with the right opportunities and coaching he should be spending his best years at a very high standard of football.Some may say he lacked a little in terms of strength and pace-my own personal opinion is that he has plenty to compensate.

unlikelyfan19 said:
johnny on the spot said:
Nobody fancy Hargreaves to have a crack in the MLS?
He could return home and play for Vancouver Whitecaps!
I follow the Caps being they are the closest pro football team to me, and they could defo use him !!!!

citycanada said:
unlikelyfan19 said:
johnny on the spot said:
Nobody fancy Hargreaves to have a crack in the MLS?
He could return home and play for Vancouver Whitecaps!
I follow the Caps being they are the closest pro football team to me, and they could defo use him !!!!

Is the MLS transfer window still open?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.