Harrow town centre for wembley

Abbeygoo said:
We're staying in Harrow before and after the game. Are the tubes reasonably straight forward - or is it just as easy to jump in a cab?

4 of us on friday in best western Harrow on the hill will be blue

Anyone staying around Stanmore? I know marcspurs on another thread mentioned that there's alot that drink around there before Wembley games with it being only 3 or 4 stops on the tube. Anyone know this area re pubs etc? Thinking of doing this.

Is it likely that the pubs will be allocated Blue/Red because I am pretty sure the rags will be having these same discussions.

Last thing I would want is to drink in a pub with them in it.

Utd fan I know who goes all games said avoid Kilburn at all costs as this will be full of United and Swiss Cottage.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Is it likely that the pubs will be allocated Blue/Red because I am pretty sure the rags will be having these same discussions.

Last thing I would want is to drink in a pub with them in it.

Utd fan I know who goes all games said avoid Kilburn at all costs as this will be full of United and Swiss Cottage.

Tis true lots of united do drink in Killburn when they are at Wembley, but as i have mentioned on a previous thread, i have also seen other clubs there when them lot are playing. There are at least 6 boozers within 5 mins of kilburn tube the North London, Powers Par, Brondesage, Coopers, the Crown, sometimes i see one lot in one and one lot in the other. I've seen a few scuffles break out, but nothing too sinister.
Willesden Green has a fair few pubs right next the tube, and West Hampstead has 2 and a half. Swiss Cottage has got one big boozer next to it, imaginatively called the Old Swiss Cottage, when we played the Gills i'm sure some of our lot said they were in there.
Kilburn High Road can get a bit lively on Wembley days, but it doesn't become a warzone, and you always see a visible presence of the Mets finest, especially if its a flashpoint game.
I wouldn't put anyone off going Kilburn, but they will be there, shame as it's my local that they all go in.
Can't be arsed drinking at Wembley though, those boozers get packed. If you get the Bakerloo line then there are a number of stops there that have a fair few boozers too, but the Jubilee and Met lines have the better options, is faster and nearer Wembley

We're staying in Uxebridge. How many are meeting in Harrow and where?<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:55 am --<br /><br />Oy are you lot listening!

blue1969 said:
We're staying in Uxebridge. How many are meeting in Harrow and where?

-- Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:55 am --

Oy are you lot listening!

Not sure about numbers mate. I know around 15 people are staying in Harrow hotels Saturday night. But I reckon more of us will be in Harrow pre match as around Wembley isn't too good. Also heard about the Green Man near Wembley which is nightmare for getting served when it's hammered, not really up for that?

I reckon the Weatherspoons or there are a couple of decent Irish bars on Station road I think, in Harrow town centre.

Danny Hoekman said:
Anyone staying around Stanmore? I know marcspurs on another thread mentioned that there's alot that drink around there before Wembley games with it being only 3 or 4 stops on the tube. Anyone know this area re pubs etc? Thinking of doing this.
stanmores alright worked there a fair bit its a nice place cant remember any pub names but there was a good old fashion boozer on the broadway just after church road on the left.

Why are there so many Chinese in Harrow? Because when they arrive at the airport, they say, "Harrow taxi driver".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.