Harrow town centre for wembley

will be off to the Swan in Sudbury<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:59 am --<br /><br />
bainy said:
Harrow on the hill looks a really good shout, only 8 mins on the tube and a fair few boozers. The sheffield bus could well be heading there!!

where in sheffield are you?

chestervegasblue said:
Did it today....took well under 10 minutes to get from Harrow on the Hill to Wembley Park.
It's the stop after Harrow on the Hill if you're on the fast train into Baker Street. From Baker street it takes about 15 mins to Wembley, so it's not exactly ages from that direction either and Baker Street's pretty central.

I'm staying at a Hotel next to Lords so this ^ is for me though reading this thread to the end now I think we will be going to Wembley via Harrow. Can't wait HAha.

Any advice on tube/bus passes..... best options please??

madmank said:
lukemcfc said:
no you go to wembley to go to wembley not harrow
^^^^^shit post^^^^^

have you ever tried parking at wembley.guess not.you stopping over for the night and tried to book a hotel around wembley guess not.

no i book into wembley travelodge the night before and go home the day after

If you are parking at Watford Junction you can get the train to Harrow and Wealdstone and then jump on a bus to Harrow on the Hill.

They run every couple of minutes.

Uxbridge, at the end of the Met line another good spot. Loads of pubs right beside the tube and plenty of parking in multi stories.

So if you're not coming to us at Wealdstone FC (as you should!) then I guess Harrow isn't a bad call. As a Harrow boy I can tell you central Harrow is ok for drinking if you like bog standard chain pubs which could be anywhere. They're all there though. On the plus side you are 10 mins from Wembley.

However, if you can be arsed to walk up Harrow on the Hill itself (where the posh public school is) there's a really good pub called The Castle.

btw be aware the police may shut all the pubs in Harrow after the game depending how it goes pre-match (as they did when Cardiff came to town).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.