Harry Gregg RIP

Okay, we differ on this.

am not settle for that i did nothing wrong ???

also what i posted was from a manchester united fan site so how can it be bitter or points scoring ??
look to many people don't like the truth and united use this all the time when talking about munich ? but am not in anyway talking about the tragedy in a disrespectful way

also what i posted was from a manchester united fan site so how can it be bitter or points scoring ??
look to many people don't like the truth and united use this all the time when talking about munich ? but am not in anyway talking about the tragedy in a disrespectful way
As I said, we differ. It's not how I'd remember him, you have a different view. That's all.

And why should it? Give it a fucking rest and remember the bloke fondly.
I have read your comments to me and to ancoats (l agree with every word he says btw) and neither of make the slightest criticism of the man. Speaking out against the way United dealt with survivors and families shows the strength of his character.
Perhaps it is the deserved criticism of United that you do not like. Tough titty it is true. It was disgraceful - read the comments by United fans on the clip from their forum.

Get yourself a copy of 'The Lost Babes' and read that. You could also do with reading my post again in which l called him a true football hero, on and off the pitch.

Precisely you did nothing wrong.

My eyes were opened in a book l got for 50p in a charity shop and Harry could be proud over the way he stood up for the victims when few others did.

I have read your comments to me and to ancoats (l agree with every word he says btw) and neither of make the slightest criticism of the man. Speaking out against the way United dealt with survivors and families shows the strength of his character.
Perhaps it is the deserved criticism of United that you do not like. Tough titty it is true. It was disgraceful - read the comments by United fans on the clip from their forum.

Get yourself a copy of 'The Lost Babes' and read that. You could also do with reading my post again in which l called him a true football hero, on and off the pitch.

united spout a lot of shit about munich and (we'll never forget and never die) and every year its the same, but the truth is united let down so many players and staff that was no longer able to play or work, harry gregg spoke out about the poorly treated and having to be kicked out of homes and left penny less, there is two sides to the story and united only want you to remember the one they come out smelling of roses

Last edited:

I don't mind any criticism of United, just felt this wasn't the time, albeit I worded it a tad too strongly, no need for the expletives. I won't be venturing onto their forum though, or buying any books (even for 50p!) will take your word for it and the words of many others. Ta

united spout a lot of shit about munich and (we'll never forget and never die) and every year its the same, but the truth is united let down so many players and staff that was no longer able to play or work, harry gregg spoke out about the poorly treat and having to be kicked out of homes and left penny less, there is two sides to the story and united only want you to remember the one they come out smelling of roses
That book made the whole subject a hobby horse for me. It annoys me intensely how United get away with it.
Bobby Charlton will get a lot of coverage when he dies but he was a hero on the field only, a yes man and no comparison to the bravery of Harry Gregg.

I don't mind any criticism of United, just felt this wasn't the time, albeit I worded it a tad too strongly, no need for the expletives. I won't be venturing onto their forum though, or buying any books (even for 50p!) will take your word for it and the words of many others. Ta
I wasnt sure whether you were a Blue or rag, local or from afar. You still dont get it - his strength of character was an essential part of him and it was rightly brought up at a time that disgraceful club were drawing the usual good PR from him and the Disaster generally.

That's all thanks.

I wasnt sure whether you were a Blue or rag, local or from afar. You still dont get it - his strength of character was an essential part of him and it was rightly brought up at a time that disgraceful club were drawing the usual good PR from him and the Disaster generally.

That's all thanks.
Followed City for 46 years. And I get your point. Ta

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.