Harry Kane

Brace yourself for the mass backtracking - and Pogba-esque deleted thread - when he scores 35 goals for us next season.

Reached 200 club goals quicker than Aguero, Henry, Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo etc despite them all playing in teams full of quality players that dominated their respective leagues. 20 goals in 24 Champions League appearances, on course to become England’s all-time top scorer......the level of ridicule he receives on here is weird, especially when compared to the blind enthusiasm for signing the likes of Lautaro, Dybala etc who doesn’t perform exceptionally in dubious leagues.

Koulibaly, Kane, Torres and a dependable leftback make us legitimate title contenders again - the number of changes we’ve missed this season shows that we can’t go into another season depending on Jesus if/when Aguero is out.
They’ll be no back tracking from me.
He’s a goal scorer I know that.
Problem is for me when he doesn’t score goals, he does little else.
Add to that his injuries, I just don’t want him or particularly like him for that matter.
Would I support him if he came here?
Of course I would.
But honestly I’d rather he didn’t come.

So no, then.

Just checking I hadn’t missed something!

Tolmie hinted that city were trying to sort out a transfer "that was huge" - and it wasnt Koulibaly (but he said he is definitely one of our targets also)
he then put a comment about who would you prefer - messi or Kane - it was done in a jokey way I think but e has since joined in the discussion about Kane to us or not and the merits etc so I think its safe to say TH at least believes (or has been led to believe) that Kane is one of our targets.

They’ll be no back tracking from me.
He’s a goal scorer I know that.
Add to that his injuries, I just don’t want him or particularly like him for that matter.
Would I support him if he came here?
Of course I would.
But honestly I’d rather he didn’t come.

I also think he fails to turn up in the big games, I can’t remember a single game against us where I’ve thought “wow” has he ever even scored in open play against us? His record also has loads of pens.

He’s a huge no for me, problem is, I don’t have an alternative.

These are the comments I don't understand - this is just clearly not true. You only need to watch 1 spurs game to know it's not true, and we play them twice a season. Kane gets through a ton of work pressing, and he's on the ball as much as any striker and his passing creates loads of chances for Son and co.

I can totally get not wanting him - I don't - but to say he doesn't do anything when he doesn't score is absurd. Pep would never even think of getting a striker like that anyway.

These are the comments I don't understand - this is just clearly not true. You only need to watch 1 spurs game to know it's not true, and we play them twice a season. Kane gets through a ton of work pressing, and he's on the ball as much as any striker and his passing creates loads of chances for Son and co.
For all you say he just has never impressed me that much, sure he always works harder when playing us, who doesn’t?
Son on the other hand, for me the better all round player, I’d love him here.
Don’t get me wrong Kane is a very good player, but I just don’t rate as highly as others seem too.

For all you say he just has never impressed me that much, sure he always works harder when playing us, who doesn’t?
Son on the other hand, for me the better all round player, I’d love him here.
Don’t get me wrong Kane is a very good player, but I just don’t rate as highly as others seem too.
This has partly to do because Spurs are a counter attacking team, especially when it comes to playing against us. They don't dominate possession so Son and even Moura look more dangerous because of their pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.