Harry Kane

Or people realise that recency bias based on performances for a team managed by Gareth fucking Southgate is a stupid way to assess his potential value to City

That's fair mate but the concerns are real. Kane has never delivered on the big stage, for Spurs or England. He grinds out consistent averages but his fitness looks increasingly dodgy.

Rooney fell off a cliff as he approached his thirties. It happens. I think Kane has peaked personally.

I have no doubts he'd improve us, just not sure the deal makes sense overall for the costs and the risks involved.

I think we'd be better off persevering with Jesus/Torres up front, with Sterling or Kev filling in as a false 9 when needed. Save the money and go all out for Halaand next summer.

Again no problem with him going, but pay the rate for a player of his calibre.
A player of his calibre, age, injury record, position, style of play. I think the going rate when you take all that into account is considerable less than the num

Last edited:
That's fair mate but the concerns are real. Kane has never delivered on the big stage, for Spurs or England. He grinds out consistent averages but his fitness looks increasingly dodgy.

Rooney fell off a cliff as he approached his thirties. It happens. I think Kane has peaked personally.

I have no doubts he'd improve us, just not sure the deal makes sense overall for the costs and the risks involved.

I think we'd be better off persevering with Jesus/Torres up front, with Sterling or Kev filling in as a false 9 when needed. Save the money and go all out for Halaand next summer.
Bang on. Pleased we have owners rich enough to make a mistake this big tbh

A player of his calibro, age, injury record, position, style of play. I think the going rate when you take all that into account is considerable less than the num
England captain, 27, Striker, style of play... WTF? On target for PL top goal scorer, his injury record on a whole is no worse most.

To counter your ascertains, he has a World Cup golden boot and if we sign him, it’d be lovely to see him sail past Rooney’s England scoring record and Shearer’s PL record.

Whether it is worth the money is subjective. It’s something to ease the pain of us spending £130m on him though.

Why is resale value so relevant?

We aren't reliant on selling first team players on for transfer funds. That's what CFG signings and the academy are for.
It is very important if a player is ever surplus to requirements at a future date and it is reason most record signings are younger than Kane currently is (there are exceptions of course).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.