Harry Kane

Sinclair is just coming out with that bollocks to try and boost his popularity.

As you've mentioned we get absolutely hammered for our spending, despite having not come close to the individual fees that the rags in particular have paid for players or Liverpool for VVD.

No matter what we do, we can't win. If we didnt sign any players we'd be called arrogant. So if we've identified that these players are going to strengthen the team and we're willing to pay the clubs asking prices so be it. We sat back and watched as united, Chelsea etc spent more on one player than we did on all our signing put together and that happened regularly and I dont remember any outcry that it was bad for the game. I'm certainly not going to feel guilty about it now if City are doing it.
Agreed 100% bruv....

I've avoided sullying my eyes for awhile but it's good to see Redcafe is still full of deluded idiots with short memories. Apparently, us dominating the league is a bad thing for everybody else, and it was the 'oil clubs' who were responsible for the ESL.

Edit: love the fact that they still believe FFP doesn't apply to us.

View attachment 22841
View attachment 22842

But they're not deluded here. What they're basically saying is, wasn't it lovely during the cartel days when nobody could break into our lovely little closed club? They thought it was just going to go on for ever and ever, amen. See, there was a time, and it was a good one but it'll never come again, when a club like Ipswich, with a minimal budget, could win the league. Or Forest. But when the dippers got a stranglehold for twenty years, and then the rags for another twenty, among other things because they were earning a cartload of money from such things as sponsorship deals, television (with the coming of satellite) and worldwide merchandising, they thought, this is great, we've got everyone by the balls. Then Chelsea came in and upset the applecart, and then the sheik, and that busted things wide open. Or it would have done, were it not for FFP, which ensured that nobody else could get over the drawbridge and into the fortress!
The original members of the cartel hate us, and those outside the cartel hate us. Personally, I can live with it, no bother.

So easy to see through the ruse. Sancho and Veranne exulted from the heavens as United will now challenge City. City possibly strengthen to counter United and all of a sudden big spending is wrong and the barbs come out.
They're so predictable nowadays, it becomes a repetitive borefest reading all the carbon copy reports & comments about us.

When Abramovic bought the Chavs & made his statement of intent by spending £200m on 16 players in one window, everyone was like "Wow!" ManUre & Arsenal have got some serious competition.

Fast forward 6 years to when Sheikh Mansour buys City, their collective reaction was to invent FFP as a way of strangling this reborn Manchester City at birth.

Fuck the lot of them! For faaaaaaaaar too long have we tried everything to gain their acceptance, & if it's not happened by now, it never will. We should march on relentlessly adding the world class talent needed, to improve an already world class squad & fuck everyone else's opinions of us. I really & truly am past caring what anyone outside of City thinks of us anymore...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.