Harry Kane

That's a nice piece of deflection, but you have spectacularly missed the point. How long have Villa's current owners been in charge? And what have they invested from their own pockets into the club? Same with Leicester? Compare that with what the organ grinder and the monkey have been doing with a decades worth of unprecedented PL monies plus the odd CL cheque too.

You're clearly not very bright as you're still here arguing in bad faith and failing spectacularly. Just accept you're not a serious footballing operation. You're Spursy. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I daresay once Kane is finally sold this month it will be the beginning of your slide into mid table. You should watch The Queen of Versailles. It is a great parable for Spurs and the shiny stadium you can't actually afford.
I think 7th can already be classed as mid table

You're right.

i wonder why the investment banks didn't work that out.

You know they say when you borrow nearly £1billion; it is not your problem, it is the banks problem.

You should let them know the problem they have.
Because the bank has a secured investment to fall back on. Are you purposely being dense?

Wow. Villa's signings make them contenders?

I hadn't considered that they would win the title. You lot are right. You know much more about football than I ever will.
They will win a trophy before spurs you deluded ****. Probably the FA Cup as we like to leave that one for somebody else because we're nice like that.

MEN: Grealish transfer means City would drop interest in Harry Kane

MEN: Harry Kane
Man City step up Harry Kane plan after securing Jack Grealish deal

I'm Confused!
It's really not that hard to understand. Despite what we think, news organizations are not monoliths. They have different people who report on different stuff. The first article you mentioned was written by an unreliable rag journalist who knows nothing about city, the second is written by a reliable city journalist.

Blame the editor for allowing a rags journalist to write about city.

We shouldn't sign great players because of the press? Why do we care what the press thinks? They despise us anyway if you haven't noticed

A, I don’t think Kane is a great player. Just my opinion.

B, We as a club seem to have gone to great lengths not to just go out and sign ready made off the peg players. Especially ones with little room to improve.

C, I agree, not remotely interested in the press. But as a club we do seem to have tried to conduct ourselves under the radar as much as possible. This all seems different. We seem to be acting without our normal precision and discreet mantra.
To me, it seems our business is being conducted by a 12 year on a games console.

Neither player is for me. If we didn’t have both Foden & Sterling I’d get Grealish. But he’s simply not in their league.

Kane, I really don’t get. It seems totally different to any transfer under ADUG, a traditional no.9 doesn’t seem to suit. And other than Lewondowski, Pep has never seemed interested in that type of forward.

There’s just something that seems totally different about this signing. I don’t think anyone involved is handling it well.

Don't cry mate, you're in our house. I think considering the paucity of quality in your performance (very much akin to Spursy under Mourinho, or in fact any manager whose name isn't Pochetino) we've all been relatively polite to you.

You support a club that we laugh at regularly. Daniel Levy has brainwashed you lot into believing he's something more than a glorified accountant with the personality of a melting chocolate bar. Your best player, Harry Kane, wants to leave. He has so much respect for your 'footballing strategy' and the people who decide it that he's on strike in Florida whilst your new (distinctly average) manager waffles about keeping things in house.

I mean when I take all that into consideration I'm not even convinced you're a Spurs fan. Because really, who would choose to be that, and then turn up here to be kicked around like a match day ball.

Firstly - surely the club chooses you rather than other way round. I used to feel more affinity to City fans. Something to do with the suffering. Now that seems to have changed...

Why do I come here? Initially by accident really. But isolating is proving to be much more fun than I thought it would be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.