Harry Kane

The only duty that any party to a contract has is to fulfil their side of it. If Spurs had made the promises that you claim they will have made, then they would now be in breach of contract if they refused to sell. So there would be no need for any talk about a gentleman's agreement.

From a legal standpoint you are correct but you are totally ignoring all the other aspects of job satisfaction.

it’s pretty obvious that Kane didn’t sign a new deal on the promise of being a top 8 side. He would have bought into the vision that Spurs can compete for major honours.

Kane will feel that he has done everything in his power to make that vision a reality and he has been let down by the club.

The fact is that Spurs are not contenders for any major trophy and they only have themselves to blame for their best player wanting to leave the club.

From a legal standpoint you are correct but you are totally ignoring all the other aspects of job satisfaction.

it’s pretty obvious that Kane didn’t sign a new deal on the promise of being a top 8 side. He would have bought into the vision that Spurs can compete for major honours.

Kane will feel that he has done everything in his power to make that vision a reality and he has been let down by the club.

The fact is that Spurs are not contenders for any major trophy and they only have themselves to blame for their best player wanting to leave the club.
I said I wouldn't comment again but fuck its hard not to.....

We have been in semis and finals and he clearly didn't do all he could, he simply failed to turn up, that's me now.... the relief has lifted lol.

As you were men.

Spurs are well within their rights not to sell him. It's a dick move if there was some kind of good faith agreement but technically a contract's a contract.

The problem for us is that we have no clue what that agreement was, and what's been reneged.

Maybe Levy has changed his mind and said he won't sell him (although there's enough evidence to say that's not the case)
Maybe he's changed his mind and demanded too great a fee (too great from City/Kane's perspective)
Maybe he's changed his mind and told Kane to wait longer than he would have liked.
Maybe he's not gone back on his word, and Kane is the one misbehaving here.
Maybe they've both simultaneously screwed each other.
Maybe there's less in this than we think. Maybe there's more.

We don't know. I understand it's a pretty boring and obvious statement, but we're all so in the dark it's just too difficult to know who is or isn't in the wrong here.

When you say you can't compete with our cash, what cash? FFP dictates our transfer budget like it dictates yours. You've seen the response from UEFA when they thought we'd overspent by €67.53c. They didn't want explanations, they wanted buckets of blood drained from our neck preferably.

Here's the difference fella.... Our owner cleared City's debts, & turned his investment into equity. Your owner like others, just loaded the debt on the club, with all the interest & those debts will be paid before you invest in your squad.

That's down to the way Spurs is run, NOT because our owner gives us billions to spend every summer. For the avoidance of doubt, allow me to repeat. Sheikh Mansour has NOT invested a penny into Manchester City Football Club since 2014. Everything we've spent, we've had to generate & have provided certified accounts to these effects.

This is why statements like 'We can't compete with your cash' pisses our fans off. What you've spouted is purely folklore bollocks mate. We merely have a better owner who is totally committed to our club, & not just looking to fatten it up for a future sale. Our owner wants City to be a totally self sufficient success, on & off the pitch.

The fact is that we're one of the best run clubs in world football. What you're seeing now isn't City just spunking hundreds of millions because we can, it's come about as a result of us NOT being able to afford Sanchez, Pogba & Maguire who all ended up at ManUre, who COULD afford the fees being asked. Much of the money we're spending now, is from money we've refused to spend in previous transfer windows, so was in the bank as an ever increasing transfer war chest.

Our management team would rather us go without, than buy a substandard player, just to fill the squad. Where we are now has been over 13 years in the planning, & the scary thing is, there's much much more to come. We're a well run club, not a rich man's vanity project plaything that he spunks his billions on to make him look like a big shot.

THIS is what makes the clubs who keep creating more FFP barriers to stop us, ever more sick with jealousy.
amen!

Spurs are well within their rights not to sell him. It's a dick move if there was some kind of good faith agreement but technically a contract's a contract.

The problem for us is that we have no clue what that agreement was, and what's been reneged.

Maybe Levy has changed his mind and said he won't sell him (although there's enough evidence to say that's not the case)
Maybe he's changed his mind and demanded too great a fee (too great from City/Kane's perspective)
Maybe he's changed his mind and told Kane to wait longer than he would have liked.
Maybe he's not gone back on his word, and Kane is the one misbehaving here.
Maybe they've both simultaneously screwed each other.
Maybe there's less in this than we think. Maybe there's more.

We don't know. I understand it's a pretty boring and obvious statement, but we're all so in the dark it's just too difficult to know who is or isn't in the wrong here.
You seem level headed, whatever the reason in your opinion, should the captain of England behaved in the way that he has?

Last edited:
You seem level headed, whatever the reason in your opinion, should the captain of England behaved in the way that he has?
Thanks.

Probably not. But then this is my point, we don't really know what's going on. Kane could be anywhere from extremely unprofessional to within his rights to act out.

If for example Levy has led Kane on a merry dance for an entire season and then turned around 3 days before he was due back to training and told him something's changed (whatever that may be), then maybe Kane decided to go nuclear not just to force a move but to make a clear statement that he's not to be messed with.

But it's also possible Levy has said he's happy to sell, for a fee City are willing to pay, but Kane just needs to wait it out. And Kane's just lashed out.

I'm with Gary Neville. Kane is being very unprofessional. But he's considered a very professional guy, so you have to wonder what's set him off.

I'd guess this. The answer is in whether this is Charlie's doing, or Harry's. If it's Charlie who's prompted Harry, then this could be as sly as a premeditated action by Harry which has caught Tottenham off guard. This would be bad.

If it's Harry who's opted for action, then I'd say Levy has done something to tremendously annoy him. Although with both ideas, they're just guesses. Again, we don't know.

I'd say it's all vague enough for City fans to sympathise with Kane and Spurs fans (and basically all non-City fans outside of Arsenal) to condemn him.

Thanks.

Probably not. But then this is my point, we don't really know what's going on. Kane could be anywhere from extremely unprofessional to within his rights to act out.

If for example Levy has led Kane on a merry dance for an entire season and then turned around 3 days before he was due back to training and told him something's changed (whatever that may be), then maybe Kane decided to go nuclear not just to force a move but to make a clear statement that he's not to be messed with.

But it's also possible Levy has said he's happy to sell, for a fee City are willing to pay, but Kane just needs to wait it out. And Kane's just lashed out.

I'm with Gary Neville. Kane is being very unprofessional. But he's considered a very professional guy, so you have to wonder what's set him off.

I'd guess this. The answer is in whether this is Charlie's doing, or Harry's. If it's Charlie who's prompted Harry, then this could be as sly as a premeditated action by Harry which has caught Tottenham off guard. This would be bad.

If it's Harry who's opted for action, then I'd say Levy has done something to tremendously annoy him. Although with both ideas, they're just guesses. Again, we don't know.

I'd say it's all vague enough for City fans to sympathise with Kane and Spurs fans (and basically all non-City fans outside of Arsenal) to condemn him.
A player, under contract, there is no reason not to return to the club, even Berbatov returned and trained, he may have refused to play but at least he had the balls to return.

I still recall the filling of dead air when the United wankers invaded the stadium against Liverpool.

We had Keane and Neville saying Grealish and Kane would make United unstoppable and must do everything they can to sign them.
What about messi mate ? We need to get excited again....
PLEASE UPDATE US...

Once we sign Harry Kane it's going to be like bringing a bazooka to a knight fight. We are going to straight up murder the league this season. Our only competition will be records from past seasons begging us to have mercy on them.
fba65235f3fa7a0087d9e4e99fb7e0ab.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.