Harry Kane

this discussion of "was lukaku good or not in the PL" is completely useless, because this entire discussion hangs on the fact that he's *NOT* the same player he was in the PL. that he's improved massively since then, which he has. I don't feel like there's merit in discussing the achievements of lukaku in the PL, because if we were to be interested in him, we wouldn't be getting that player. we'd be getting the monster that he's become since. chelsea will be getting that, sadly.
He's a tinier monster than Haaland. And they are similarly skilled. Big bullies with shaky ball control. Except Halaand is significantly faster, heads better, is less shaky with his touch, yet every bit of a bully Lukaku is.

If some think we are missing a trick not fighting for Lukaku. Then we should damn near be warring for Haaland. Coz he is the rich man's Lukaku.

I'd wager heavily that if we didn't sign Kane this summer, our follow-up target would be to sign Kane next summer.
:( But we didn't sign Messi last summer and didn't go back this summer. Why can't we do that with Kane?

I disagree that we can know that Lukaku has made a huge leap. Serie A hasn’t been strong for a while now and he may have simply found his level. I’m not happy to see him show up at Chelsea at all but I think there are still a wide range of outcomes available for him.

I agree that Halaand is the one. It would be hard to turn my nose up at Kane but Halaand is otherworldly to me

I disagree that we can know that Lukaku has made a huge leap. Serie A hasn’t been strong for a while now and he may have simply found his level.
Well you are in for quite the surprise. Serie A this past season, of which Lukaku was the king, was extremely strong, competitive and tactically rich and diverse. He is actually now a very intelligent player tactically, something he has alluded to in interviews, about how using his head more in Italy helped his game grow immensely. His sense of positioning and understanding of the game overall is above Kane’s. I know some people can’t wrap their heads around this fact but simple observation exposes that. Where are the creative deals Khaldoon alluded to in his interview? Dumping an insane amount of money for Kane still doesn’t make sense but now it may be all we have left. Oh well.

Sounds like City are very much upping the ante here. Still confident this will happen.

Your confidence gives me confidence. I feel like we’ve been crying out got a 9 forever now. I know how successful the false 9 was last season but it’s not a long term solution.

I’d like Kane sooner rather than later with the way the fixtures have fallen too!

He's a tinier monster than Haaland. And they are similarly skilled. Big bullies with shaky ball control. Except Halaand is significantly faster, heads better, is less shaky with his touch, yet every bit of a bully Lukaku is.

If some think we are missing a trick not fighting for Lukaku. Then we should damn near be warring for Haaland. Coz he is the rich man's Lukaku.
Haaland absolutely 100% does NOT *head better* and the fact you said that shows how little you know. you think because he's tall he's good in the air? Every single dortmund fan will tell you haaland is not great in the air at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.