Harry Kane

Spending £250m on a decent PL midfielder, which we’re already stacked full of, and a 28 year old flat track bully centre forward looks like a little pretty indulgent summer.

Looks like we could be trying to buy some leverage with the PL / FA by buying the England poster boy and England captain.

There’s a gamble with Kane, not this guarantee some posters like to throw about.
Never said there wasn't. My point is that users are acting like Haaland comes with no gamble other than "whether he'd score forty or fifty" goals a season. This isn't true, and it's a shame that the mythos surrounding him at the moment is leading to many of fans being apathetic about potentially signing the league's best striker because he's not a "galactico".

I'm guessing I'm reading this wrong because you can't be suggesting that playing someone who has three Premier League medals in four years would stop us winning the Premier League.
You are, because the main priority on winning it again is on getting a true striker. Which have been mentioned looking at that line-up. I can't see us winning it again, purely relying on midfielders and a false 9. But that's my opinion.

Never said there wasn't. My point is that users are acting like Haaland comes with no gamble other than "whether he'd score forty or fifty" goals a season. This isn't true, and it's a shame that the mythos surrounding him at the moment is leading to many of fans being apathetic about potentially signing the league's best striker because he's not a "galactico".
You didn’t say there was no risk with Kane but you didn’t say there was either. you said Haaland was a gamble and then went on to say how perfect Kane was.
I wouldn’t mind but I merely pointed out that taking a gamble signing a player from outside the premier league hasn’t worked out too bad.
I named Sergio and without that gamble you can add David Silva, Kompany, Yaya, Kev and Dinho to that list.
Just some of our greatest players.
All players have risk, Grealish is one too.

I actually dont rate that much at all. I think that is a drop off in level from previous seasons and players like Sergio, Sane both silvas , foden.
The only one for me out of that front 3 is sterling. Grealish could develop under Pep given time... Kane..just dont see it despite his stats. Sure he will score loads against average prem teams but against the best I dont see it
Oh FFS!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.