Harry Kane

Don't overthink. Levy aren't stupid
Just wondering why news came out about a possible new contract that's all. For example, it doesn't have to be a longer contract. It could be reduced wages, but a buyout clause of £150m. Levy would get his price and I suppose like Grealish - Kane knows if a club comes in they really want him.

There's a gamble with any player that signs. The scouts can do their work and the manager can be sure he'll work in their system but until he actually plays, nobody knows for sure.

That's the point I'm making. The problem is that the hype around Haaland - justified or not - is leading to some users on here acting as if he doesn't come with the same risks that every player does, plus a few more specific to him. And that same hype is leading to an exaggeration of Kane's risks and a downplaying of the ways Kane could improve us.

Just wondering why news came out about a possible new contract that's all. For example, it doesn't have to be a longer contract. It could be reduced wages, but a buyout clause of £150m. Levy would get his price and I suppose like Grealish - Kane knows if a club comes in they really want him.
Seems like a terrible deal for Kane. No one is paying 150m as it is when he is 28, and his value will only drop the older he gets. So why would he want reduced wages on top of that? Doesnt make any sense.

That's the point I'm making. The problem is that the hype around Haaland - justified or not - is leading to some users on here acting as if he doesn't come with the same risks that every player does, plus a few more specific to him. And that same hype is leading to an exaggeration of Kane's risks and a downplaying of the ways Kane could improve us.
Similar to the hype around Grealish...ive seen in the MUEN that they are saying he could be the replacement for David Silva....He has done NOTHING to suggest that he will get to David Silva standards...could he - yes but he is 25 already and is nowhere near yet

it works both ways

1) Leak a "fake" contract offer.
2) Kane signs for City.
3) Media are briefed by Levy and the headlines are "BOYHOOD FAN KANE TURNS DOWN SPURS FOR 100M A WEEK AT CITY" "SPURS DID ALL THEY COULD" "SPURS TROUNCED AS OIL RUINS THE PREM".

Spending £250m on a decent PL midfielder, which we’re already stacked full of, and a 28 year old flat track bully centre forward looks like a little pretty indulgent summer.

Looks like we could be trying to buy some leverage with the PL / FA by buying the England poster boy and England captain.
I think you're right, but it might go further than just having the two influential England players to curry favour - there's been a fair amount of talk about imposing new restrictions on the amount of non-domestic players fielded in both the league and CL.

What matters to fans at this time of year is social media. What matters throughout the season is performance and spirit. And the long game for the club is to have our players and managers biting medals at the end of every season. That's what serves us best.

We played sensationally last year but lacked a penalty box playmaker, a goalscorer, and post-Aguero, a centre-forward who Raheem would flourish alongside.

The pair we have signed clearly have the right quality and character. One on a steep upward curve, arrogant and able to carry it off - fearless, incisive, always leading opponents into rash decisions. The other, a dedicated and immensely stable professional who has improved throughout his career, but remains starved of medals.

In sporting terms, I'm pretty much sold on this summer. Yes, PSG got the value - on paper, at least. And of course, they got the mega star. But they've already done that bit before.

It's like watching two fellas build a collection for their garage. There's class - two Range Rovers, a trick Merc Saloon for long range low-key work, Ferrari 488, Porsche GT3RS, Golf Rs for daily driving, a Porsche 356 for magic sunny afternoons. And then there's the youtuber, RS3 that can't be driven safely the wet, RS4s and AMG Blacks - awesome cars, but more about that impressive noise and power than handling or usability. A Skyline 1900bhp, 7 secs 1/4 mile or whatever, but can't pull from the lights without 6k revs and so on, and a bunch of Bentley/Porsche SUVs, incredible quality, all ugly as sin and impractical. All of those would be the popular choices - but not because of the usability, reliability, the lasting joy they bring, or appreciating value. Sorry, unless you can really fucking drive, you can't do much in the real world with that lot. And it's generally true, people who really can drive, don't buy them. That Mclaren Mbappe tho, that has an awful lot going for it, and will appreciate for sure. Are you really selling it now?

So who cares if he got the one off Carbon Fibre Lamborghini for a song - while we spent big on a mint BMW e30 M3 evo ii, and a Singer Porsche? They are what the garage required to beat the rest day today, turn heads at track days, have the maximum amount of fun, and build the character of the collection.

I think you're right, but it might go further than just having the two influential England players to curry favour - there's been a fair amount of talk about imposing new restrictions on the amount of non-domestic players fielded in both the league and CL.

What matters to fans at this time of year is social media. What matters throughout the season is performance and spirit. And the long game for the club is to have our players and managers biting medals at the end of every season. That's what serves us best.

We played sensationally last year but lacked a penalty box playmaker, a goalscorer, and post-Aguero, a centre-forward who Raheem would flourish alongside.

The pair we have signed clearly have the right quality and character. One on a steep upward curve, arrogant and able to carry it off - fearless, incisive, always leading opponents into rash decisions. The other, a dedicated and immensely stable professional who has improved throughout his career, but remains starved of medals.

In sporting terms, I'm pretty much sold on this summer. Yes, PSG got the value - on paper, at least. And of course, they got the mega star. But they've already done that bit before.

It's like watching two fellas build a collection for their garage. There's class - two Range Rovers, a trick Merc Saloon for long range low-key work, Ferrari 488, Porsche GT3RS, Golf Rs for daily driving, a Porsche 356 for magic sunny afternoons. And then there's the youtuber, RS3 that can't be driven safely the wet, RS4s and AMG Blacks - awesome cars, but more about that impressive noise and power than handling or usability. A Skyline 1900bhp, 7 secs 1/4 mile or whatever, but can't pull from the lights without 6k revs and so on, and a bunch of Bentley/Porsche SUVs, incredible quality, all ugly as sin and impractical. All of those would be the popular choices - but not because of the usability, reliability, the lasting joy they bring, or appreciating value. Sorry, unless you can really fucking drive, you can't do much in the real world with that lot. And it's generally true, people who really can drive, don't buy them. That Mclaren Mbappe tho, that has an awful lot going for it, and will appreciate for sure. Are you really selling it now?

So who cares if he got the one off Carbon Fibre Lamborghini for a song - while we spent big on a mint BMW e30 M3 evo ii, and a Singer Porsche? They are what the garage required to beat the rest day today, turn heads at track days, have the maximum amount of fun, and build the character of the collection.
I drive a Lee Bradbury

Read my post a few pages back. It's not really even news this contract stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.