Harry Kane

Worst sports-washing of all time. Those 'fans' who talk of sports-washing were wearing the 3 Lions a month ago. Experts on sports-washing. ABu Dhabi doesn't contribute to MCFC. If you know anything about City's finances, then you know City's UAE revenue is about 10% and much more legit. than many Premier League clubs. Back in 2010 City were floated by SHeikh Masour's investment. That's really not the case now. We've spent £180m net in a window before as have others.
What some outside observers overlook is that the Sheikh now owns an appreciated asset. He’s not been here to throw good money after bad, nor to establish a voracious charity; instead he’s established a global business to be reckoned with. Obviously FFP takes fcuk all account of stuff like that because it was never in the vested interests of the wankers who administered it.

Replacing Aguero was alway going to be the most important transfer since we signed him. In my opinion. Since the reported breakthrough at the end of last week there have been no briefings from City, Spurs or the Kane camp. Prior to that it was almost daily. That surely suggests there’s a will on all sides to get this done

Or Pep is in on it and bought Spurs more time…. sounds a crazy theory but Khaldoon and Levy are good mates by all accounts So you never know!

It just doesn’t add up mate. Why would Kane make such a public protest? It’s done him no favours whatsoever and if there was no need it just wouldn’t make any sense. He would surely be in on this rouse.

Someone mentioned a while back that we needed to sell to fund this, and what our new Spurs acquaintance told us about cash+player and it being dismissed out of hand would tie into that narrative. My opinion is we made an approach earlier doors, we hit a brick wall straight away and that’s where we currently stand. If we sell some players who want away then we can go back with an improved bid. Until then we can only wait although I certainly don’t rule out us finding some cash down the back of the sofa even if we can’t sell anyone as the window edges towards closing. Given the state of football finances I can see a couple of the want aways being loaned out with a commitment to buy next summer when everyone’s finances are a little healthier - we could perhaps do something creative with that accounting wise to make it all work.

I don't think this deal is going to be as easy as some make it sound. We are not going to pay straight up 100M after signing grealish. I think we are waiting for some transfers to generate cash. Also who knows what levy wants for kane. If he wants 150M+ we will just drop it.
We will spread the fee over the course of the contract, it’s done all the time and therefore makes the transfer affordable. Don’t forget we’ve still got the Sane money and all the small transfers that have been done recently like jack Harison and Angelino. We also have all the price money still, not a small amount of cash. City can do this easier than you think. We are not Barcelona. We are the best run club in the world.

We will spread the fee over the course of the contract, it’s done all the time and therefore makes the transfer affordable. Don’t forget we’ve still got the Sane money and all the small transfers that have been done recently like jack Harison and Angelino. We also have all the price money still, not a small amount of cash. City can do this easier than you think. We are not Barcelona. We are the best run club in the world.
The Sane money? Not again, we just spent 100m, is the Sane money part of that?

Or is the Sane money in the same pot as the "special money" we had for Messi.

We are no different from the rest, even our finances have taken a hit the last 18 months, I can't see us spending 150m cash, we will have to sell to recoup at least half of the fee.

What some outside observers overlook is that the Sheikh now owns an appreciated asset. He’s not been here to throw good money after bad, nor to establish a voracious charity; instead he’s established a global business to be reckoned with. Obviously FFP takes fcuk all account of stuff like that because it was never in the vested interests of the wankers who administered it.
From an initial purchase price of circa £200m to the current estimated valuation of between £2bn and £3billion is some mark up in 13 years. Brilliant business by reinvesting profits in growth.

This Sane money isn’t half sounding like Coutinho money. I appreciate it wasnt in the accounts and contributes to most recent I believe however since that Sane money we have spent a shit load since, Christ after he left we spent 60 just on Dias.

It just doesn’t add up mate. Why would Kane make such a public protest? It’s done him no favours whatsoever and if there was no need it just wouldn’t make any sense. He would surely be in on this rouse.

Someone mentioned a while back that we needed to sell to fund this, and what our new Spurs acquaintance told us about cash+player and it being dismissed out of hand would tie into that narrative. My opinion is we made an approach earlier doors, we hit a brick wall straight away and that’s where we currently stand. If we sell some players who want away then we can go back with an improved bid. Until then we can only wait although I certainly don’t rule out us finding some cash down the back of the sofa even if we can’t sell anyone as the window edges towards closing. Given the state of football finances I can see a couple of the want aways being loaned out with a commitment to buy next summer when everyone’s finances are a little healthier - we could perhaps do something creative with that accounting wise to make it all work.
It does sound plausible. Tolmie had it closer to a resolution with cash plus add ons being discussed…whether that’s with or without us selling I don’t know.

This is very true. Just imagine what Aguero's PL goal total would be without all those injuries. Very close to Shearers I'm guessing. Shearer was lucky with injuries if I recall correctly?
Forget the injuries, imagine if he’d stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes most games, he’d have had many, many more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.