Harry Kane

Of all the things to be concerned about, the money for Kane is by far the lowest.

We wouldn't even be at the table (and especially not this late in the summer) if we had no intention of handing over the money. We know what the price is and by all accounts we have every intention of paying it, Levy and perhaps even City are just keeping things quiet for the time being.

Not a fucking chance we are just sat about and going to wait till next week and go "Oh, you want 150m. Not fucking paying that".

No one really gives a shit where it comes from and of all the things in the last 13yrs, some are now concerned Khaldoon and the lads dont know what they are doing?

It's long been speculated, that if Kane had proper representation or a super agent, they would have found it far easier to orchestrate a move away. Agents can use their contacts, influence and leverage to negotiate with chairmen like Levy and get a deal over the line. They can offer future cheaper deals with their other clients, assist with the selling club securing alternative transfer targets etc

Barnett was insrumental in getting Bale to Madrid from Spurs, and constructed a deal which saw Madrid pay more than originally anticipated, which Levy then accepted.

But having a complete amateur like your brother doing it, who doesn't have a clue what he's doing, just isn't going to help matters, in fact it could hinder them (which it has).

This is very true. Just imagine what Aguero's PL goal total would be without all those injuries. Very close to Shearers I'm guessing. Shearer was lucky with injuries if I recall correctly?
Shearer had a horrendous ACL injury early on at Blackburn & another similarly bad one at Newcastle, he would of smashed through 300 goals easily without them.

That's not to say Aguero couldn't of bagged 250+ without his though!

It does sound plausible. Tolmie had it closer to a resolution with cash plus add ons being discussed…whether that’s with or without us selling I don’t know.

Which would say a deal is not yet agreed with Spurs, so any idea of it all being done and dusted and we are waiting on Spurs to sign replacement or leave it to the end of the widows doesn’t match what people are hearing.

Hopefully Tolmie is on the money and it is edging closer to resolution.

Which would say a deal is not yet agreed with Spurs, so any idea of it all being done and dusted and we are waiting on Spurs to sign replacement or leave it to the end of the widows doesn’t match what people are hearing.

Hopefully Tolmie is on the money and it is edging closer to resolution.
Yes the done and dusted theory seems unlikely

The Sane money? Not again, we just spent 100m, is the Sane money part of that?

Or is the Sane money in the same pot as the "special money" we had for Messi.

We are no different from the rest, even our finances have taken a hit the last 18 months, I can't see us spending 150m cash, we will have to sell to recoup at least half of the fee.

Sane money is our coutinho money mate. Long gone, but fuck me I'll keep claiming it off every player we sign.

edit, posted before seeing bluesince88's similar response.

As long as you post sensible stuff like this you’ll always be welcome here.
I pretty much agree with your assessment of the situation.
The only thing I would add is that Levy is playing a dangerous game too as I very much doubt Kane will be worth as much as he currently is in next year’s transfer window. He’s a business man and this is his best chance of maximising his profit. I doubt he wants this transfer to go tits up from a financial standpoint. Put in other words I think Levy needs this transfer to go through in this window given what’s happened to date.
If Levy genuinely prefers not to sell, this is all academic.

I don’t know if that‘s the case but it’s not an impossibility.

right am in the camp of just buy now and spend the £150 million and sod the moaners about FFP
we all know the rules have been relaxed and even if we have to budget the extra £50milion then so be it

from what i have heard PSG have spent on the transfer of messi is £50million signing on fee and £1.5 million a week on wages over 2 years. so works out to about £200million on messi and the others they have signed on big contracts this summer

just do it if we really want him and kane wants the move
we are a big club and the best club in england over the last 10 years so time to show it

Saying Spurs fans opinions on Levy are mixed, is an understatement. There are the 2 extremes and everything in between. The ‘Levy Out’ and ‘Enic Out’ lot shout the loudest, but don’t mistake that as being the majority. One thing is for certain, he always does what HE THINKS is best for the club. Commercially etc he is one of the best in the business and what he has delivered on the training ground and stadium front is undeniably exceptional. The biggest frustration for me personally has always been not investing in the team at the right moments. Many occasions we have felt we are close to something special, but that final push never came from him/the owners. All the foundations are there now though. The long term future of the club looks very bright financially. NFL deal, boxing/concert deals etc from the stadium. Match day revenue is the biggest in the league. It feels like it’s set up for a big buyout in the near future.
I guess the commercial side etc is commendable but as a fan, you want to be winning trophies, if the club is totally stable financially then Id be wanting a push to start winning stuff

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.