Harry Kane

Look up Modric to Chelsea

Spursy. :)

It's funny that the Spurs fan mentioned Modric earlier because he could not have been more clear in his autobiography that Daniel Levy promised him a move to a Champions League club, and then broke his word, repeatedly.

And as Modric says, "Your word is who you are".

And he was telling that to every journalist he could this week according to The Times podcast.

Players like Lautaro Martinez and Pau Torres would go to Spurs if they thought they could go there for a year or 2 and then move on, netting Spurs a big profit. Same way they'll go to Leicester City.

But genius Daniel Levy has spent the last 15 years showing every player and agent he will chain you to their mediocre club for the full 5 years. So they get rejected every time they go for a good player.

North as in Scotland? Yeah, supper is two bits. I'm sure some chippies get it wrong, but that is gernerally the case.

edit, just read your next post, maybe an Edinburgh or east bit thing then.
Only one piece here in the Borders with a fish supper.

How about I offer you 200k for your house but you want 300k? Now do you want to lose 200k or 100k or could there possibly be a third option?

Problem is Kane not an house.

He is a human being, with feelings, ambitions, and a direct relationship with Levy.

We know Kane cares more about what others/the media/Spurs fans think of him than quite a few other star athletes today (which I actually don't blame them for today as this saga shows why loyalty from players to clubs/fans can be completely thrown in the bin in a flash)

Levy may be the owner of Spurs, and Kane's services for 3 more seasons but he also doesn't own Kane forever as would one who owns a home.

Kane's shelf life at his quality, is limited and therefore time sensitive. That favours Levy, yes, but before I list his advantages, we should also mention that the limited shelf-life of property, such as a bottle of wine, or tickets to the CL final are inanimate objects whom do not have interpersonal relationships with their owners.

We also know footballers (and other working human beings) have shown a history of fighting owners to have more of a say in their life and bad contracts have been offered and signed by many times (widely documented in the entertainment industry) that are designed to take advantage of less educated and less cut-throat personalities.

Kane stayed hoping things would work out with Spurs, signing that contract with the "gentleman's agreement," passing on chances to leave, gave it one more go last season, and now wants out, but only apparently Levy gets to have all the say. See the issue here?

We know Levy is able to use the short time left in the transfer window, combined with a massive favouring of supply-demand towards his position, as he knows City are desperate to sign a striker this season, a limited number of players at his level, and how well Kane fits into City in what he offers as a player.

Yet, again, should that Kane's limited shelf-life AND that he is a human, not a house, seems as if it should matter. Is he not entitled to have feelings about whether £150-160m is truly a fair fee given what other players are going for of his quality or even better?

Yes, City have money and FFP is gone for now to allow such spending - but even with that is Kane even close to £50-60m better than Lukaku and when Halland will go for possibly £60m next summer?

If it would up being 155-160M Euros (£130-136M) would that truly be "unacceptable" to Spurs fans?

Is it possible, despite the valid points that show the cards Levy has, that he may be in the slightest bit exploiting Kane's good will and "kinder" personality to ensure he appears to "win" mostly to maintain his reputation (ego), and that Kane believes this and feels it is self-serving, but is unable to express concerns publicly because he cares about the club and fans?

How far should a player/employee have to go to bend over backwards to please their employer and fans who turn their back on a player like Kane in a flash as we can see from this Spurs forum vote:

Opinion on Kane now?​

• Forgive and forget?​

Votes: 242 27.6%
  • Fuck him​

Votes: 635 72.4%

If Kane were a less loyal, and good character player, would Levy be digging in quite as much? I ask this because I can see Levy thinking, "Even if Harry doesn't go, he won't cause too much turmoil in the locker room compared to others because I know how much he loves the club, the fans, and how much of a model professional he is."

Btw, I can see this possibility as part of the reason why Kane had to arrive late to training.
HeHAD to show something to Levy, even if he knew it would/could backfire in other ways, because perhaps he doesn't trust Levy given the fee he is asking for him.

All of this points to why Kane is not a house and why such comparisons (I argued similar with a Villa supporter who made the same argument regarding Grealish:

Don't really get this one?

It's fairly common knowledge that Kane is desperate to leave spuds and come to city, it Levy and their board preventing/hindering the deal, not Kane. We don't need to send him a message

i feel kane is not 100% wanting out or wants to come to city ? i don't know why maybe another club is waiting and offered him bigger money (utd) and they step in last min with a better offer ? city low balling spurs could be our downfall and we should have gone in hard and firm with or offer of £150million
and got the deal done

utd could offer the £150million plus players and leave city up the creek ? i did heard jesse lingard or martial would be on spurs shopping list

Spurs have a 0 net spend the last decade to go with their net 0 trophies
Their fans have been reduced to celebrating the fee they get when selling their best players. I'm not too sure the fee is going to be that relevant when Kane is getting on the end of passes from the likes of De Bruyne, Grealish and Foden, but if it helps soothe the pain good luck to them.

Just hoping that this falls through somewhere or other, fails his medical or something like that. Levy is absolutely having us over and we should go nowhere near the transfer. We shouldn't deal with Levy full stop. He isn't on a good streak so to speak either he really didn't impress at the Euros.

Stupid amounts of money for someone his age. The better fit is obviously Haaland, whether or not they know he is on the move somewhere else next year is another thing.

A Kane signing doesn't guarantee a champs or prem either with how the likes of Chelsea have reinforced, if there are no other options I would rather wait with what we have and go for someone under 25 when they become available. Even if it costs us for this season.
So unless you are in the know you don’t know the fee so how do you know whether it’s too expensive?

Halaand could sign a new deal this year and be 200m next summer could already be lined up for Madrid could break his leg tomorrow. Halaand isn’t coming this summer so who knows what will happen next year we need a striker now and Kane is a very good one, arguably world class.

chelsea have signed Lukaku for 95m. I don’t care what he did last year in Serie A I’ve watched him he’s a Donkey, we all know that.

Be happy we’re in for the best striker around rather than acting like you’re paying the fee smh

i feel kane is not 100% wanting out or wants to come to city ? i don't know why maybe another club is waiting and offered him bigger money (utd) and they step in last min with a better offer ? city low balling spurs could be our downfall and we should have gone in hard and firm with or offer of £150million
and got the deal done

utd could offer the £150million plus players and leave city up the creek ? i did heard jesse lingard or martial would be on spurs shopping list
He literally made a program on sky sports saying he wants out and the player he money wants to play with is Debruyne. He could only have been clearer if he said it wearing a city kit

It's funny that the Spurs fan mentioned Modric earlier because he could not have been more clear in his autobiography that Daniel Levy promised him a move to a Champions League club, and then broke his word, repeatedly.

And as Modric says, "Your word is who you are".

And he was telling that to every journalist he could this week according to The Times podcast.

Players like Lautaro Martinez and Pau Torres would go to Spurs if they thought they could go there for a year or 2 and then move on, netting Spurs a big profit. Same way they'll go to Leicester City.

But genius Daniel Levy has spent the last 15 years showing every player and agent he will chain you to their mediocre club for the full 5 years. So they get rejected every time they go for a good player.

Exactly my thoughts. Levy and Spurs biting their nose off to spite their face, as per.

If promising players with aspirations above your current level can't trust your word and you have a track record of denying moves to want-away players, why the fuck would they sign for you? If they make that level they aspire to with your club, great. If they don't and the club comes up short they'll be denied moves away. So why even join in the first place?

Levy is a slimey clown, there's a balance between being hard-nosed and doing the best for your club and actively damaging its prospects.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.