Harry Kane

Just hoping that this falls through somewhere or other, fails his medical or something like that. Levy is absolutely having us over and we should go nowhere near the transfer. We shouldn't deal with Levy full stop. He isn't on a good streak so to speak either he really didn't impress at the Euros.

Stupid amounts of money for someone his age. The better fit is obviously Haaland, whether or not they know he is on the move somewhere else next year is another thing.

A Kane signing doesn't guarantee a champs or prem either with how the likes of Chelsea have reinforced, if there are no other options I would rather wait with what we have and go for someone under 25 when they become available. Even if it costs us for this season.
So.... On the basis that not having a recognised striker could well 'cost us' this season, how would you feel if the false 9 fails and we struggle to get top 4? You'd be absolutely devastated.
You do realise that Haaland, Kane, or any other top striker wouldn’t come anywhere near us if we don't have CL football in 22-23?
As long as we don't have a decent striker, there's an outside chance of us falling off our perch.
We need Kane now. We can add Haaland next season if we want to throw even more money around.
Kane is coming, whether the naysayers like it or not.

Maybe I'm the delusional one but respectfully I think you're view is like, the maximum optimism possible in all worlds. I don't say it's impossible but highly unlikely.

Speaking as an outsider ...

-> With Kane in the side recording record numbers last season Spurs finished ... 7th.
-> Current top 4 and Leicester have all strengthened. Arsenal have no European football and Arteta has finally sorted out their defence.
-> Kane was caught on camera saying "what's the fucking point man?" during a game at the end of last season. He openly gave up on Spurs winning trophies in the Neville interview and effectively just went on strike for a week. Apparently half your fanbase now hates him and Son has been publicly critical of him. Only those involved will know the truth of what this "gentleman's agreement" involved, but it's obvious from his actions that Kane feels aggrieved, even if he misunderstood what it meant.

So on balance I think there's a low chance of Spurs getting top 4 and a low chance that Kane stays productive and happy, whatever he says in public.
Edited for accuracy;)

Can’t see this happening. Find it hard to believe it’d drag out this long and Levy strikes me as the sort who would be happy to keep an unhappy player out of spite.

Levy will keep saying no for as long as he thinks we'll come back with a better offer. We should give them an ultimatum and say this is our final offer, if you don't take we'll move on. Levy always sells, but he can smell weakness in our negotiating and feels we'll pay almost anything to get Kane, who at 100 million is vastly overpriced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.