Harry Kane

Because Kane would, quite clearly, be happy to end his career at City.
Haaland would, most likely, fuck off to PSG, Bayern or Real Madrid in 2 years.
while i understand this argument and can see why people say it (and also agree that it could well happen)...there is the potential that we could create such an environment for Haaland that he doesnt want to leave.....look at KDB, Kun, David Silva.......all fantastic players that at any point in hteir careeers with us could have gone to the likes of Barca, Bayern, Madrid etc.....but they havent....

What we usually hear about the club is that it looks after its players so well that they dont want to leave.....until its time for them to do so (like Kun and Silva recently)

Raiola is a snake and a agents like him are a stain on the game but at the end of the day IF we keep our players happy then they are the ones that are in control...the agents just do what they are told....even Raiola

I think we've all become accustomed to reading match report written before the match was played clearly and increasingly we've got used to reports on transfer dealings - real or imagined - which are no more than dramas played out by a cast of stereotypes. The Kane mutiny is perhaps the masterpiece of this genre so far: "moneybags" Manchester City are going to be sent packing or taken to the cleaners by deadeye Levy, the nearest thing to Clint Eastwood in glasses that you could meet. City want to pay £100 million: deadeye will actually sell for £160 million. In fact City's valuation is a very conservative one to dip a toe in the water and test the temperature: Levy is, of course, nothing like his public image (provided gracelessly by SAF) but he is aware that the player in question is a serial golden boot winner and captain of England but even in the face of such a conservative figure he leaves the door open. City are fully aware that £160 million is not an absurd figure but it does represent a risk - if Kane flops he is certainly not worth anything like £160 million. £120 million may represent a worthwhile risk but not £160 million. £160 million could only be justified by Kane's performances and this is where the addons come into play.

This is a drama of stereotypes made up by a complete KFA but it does seem to accord with the info Tolmie and Billy have been sharing with us, which gives me confidence that Kane's transfer to City will be announced next week. I put him second to Haaland originally but when it was obvious that he was not available Kane was the only option and an excellent one. I don't know how many goals he'll score for City but I would say "enough" to make us favourites for every competition. He wants to play with KdB and he must be excited about teaming up with his England colleagues: there is an obvious role for him in the team. The "fit" seems an excellent one. Here's hoping!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.