Harry Kane

while i understand this argument and can see why people say it (and also agree that it could well happen)...there is the potential that we could create such an environment for Haaland that he doesnt want to leave.....look at KDB, Kun, David Silva.......all fantastic players that at any point in hteir careeers with us could have gone to the likes of Barca, Bayern, Madrid etc.....but they havent....

What we usually hear about the club is that it looks after its players so well that they dont want to leave.....until its time for them to do so (like Kun and Silva recently)

Raiola is a snake and a agents like him are a stain on the game but at the end of the day IF we keep our players happy then they are the ones that are in control...the agents just do what they are told....even Raiola
Big differences between Silva/Kun and Haaland:
1. Raiola. You brush over this but this is essentially terminal. Silva and Kun never had agents like that.
2. Ego. Silva and Kun were both extremely humble considering their talent, Haaland is not.
3. Haaland is asking for half a mill p/w. That is, unless you are the best and most marketable player in the world, unsustainably expensive. Kane is on about half that. Silva and Aguero were on about £100k less than that combined.

I'm not saying Haaland would definitely leave after 2 years, but it's just as if not (far) more likely than Haaland staying around for 10 years+ which is what people seem to assume would happen if we signed him.

Because Kane would, quite clearly, be happy to end his career at City.
Haaland would, most likely, fuck off to PSG, Bayern or Real Madrid in 2 years.
I doubt it would be 2 years. Aguero didn’t want to move. So long as we live up to his aspirations he could well be very settled but even if he does want to move in a couple of years we’d make money on him. So it’s still a good deal for us.

I also agree with the point made that if we are going to spend £120-150 million on Kane and I personally still don’t believe we will, that it would be better spent on Haaland.

It is pretty funny seeing how badly this is being handled by certain sections of the media. Weird how in awe of Daniel Levy they are. Someone should tell them how in awe Levy is of Khaldoon. If only they knew about the time Levy went cap in hand to the UAE and asked Khaldoon to help him secure big sponsorships for his over-budget stadium.
As I said before, in relative business terms, Levy is Arkwright when Khaldoon is Jeff Bezos

Big differences between Silva/Kun and Haaland:
1. Raiola. You brush over this but this is essentially terminal. Silva and Kun never had agents like that.
2. Ego. Silva and Kun were both extremely humble considering their talent, Haaland is not.
3. Haaland is asking for half a mill p/w. That is, unless you are the best and most marketable player in the world, unsustainably expensive. Kane is on about half that. Silva and Aguero were on about £100k less than that combined.

I'm not saying Haaland would definitely leave after 2 years, but it's just as if not (far) more likely than Haaland staying around for 10 years+ which is what people seem to assume would happen if we signed him.
Oh I know Raiola is the biggest snake out there....But you also forget about Alfie Snr......he is said to be as much in charge as anyone.

We dont know what Haalands charachter is like...he is charasmatic on the pitch no doubt and can be outspoken as seen in interviews BUT that doesnt mean he would necessarily not want to stick around...playing with the likes of KDB etc etc can make you a little more humble as well.

The wages are an unknown - its media talk ....and like Messi he is extremely marketable (this is one of the parts of thinking behind Grealish as well - extremely marketable to the younger generations.....Someone like David Silva wasnt despite being the player he is....Kun was I think..but just because of the goals he scored....Haaland would surpass someone like Kun in marketability (im not talking performance level btw).....I think someone like Haaland would surpass Kane as well in marketability (again nothing to do with performance level)

We could well get 2-3 years out of Haaland as you suggest ....we could also get 6-7 years out of him by. which time he is 28/29 .....we have had his best years (0r most of them) - Hasnt Grealish just signed a 6 year contract (and he is 25 i think)...if all goes well he wil leave on a free probably at 31 years old.(May get the odd one year extension in there again depending on performance and injury).

I think we may see younger players given longe contracts to help offset the possibility (and cost) of players running down their contracts

Oh I know Raiola is the biggest snake out there....But you also forget about Alfie Snr......he is said to be as much in charge as anyone.

We dont know what Haalands charachter is like...he is charasmatic on the pitch no doubt and can be outspoken as seen in interviews BUT that doesnt mean he would necessarily not want to stick around...playing with the likes of KDB etc etc can make you a little more humble as well.

The wages are an unknown - its media talk ....and like Messi he is extremely marketable (this is one of the parts of thinking behind Grealish as well - extremely marketable to the younger generations.....Someone like David Silva wasnt despite being the player he is....Kun was I think..but just because of the goals he scored....Haaland would surpass someone like Kun in marketability (im not talking performance level btw).....I think someone like Haaland would surpass Kane as well in marketability (again nothing to do with performance level)

We could well get 2-3 years out of Haaland as you suggest ....we could also get 6-7 years out of him by. which time he is 28/29 .....we have had his best years (0r most of them) - Hasnt Grealish just signed a 6 year contract (and he is 25 i think)...if all goes well he wil leave on a free probably at 31 years old.(May get the odd one year extension in there again depending on performance and injury).

I think we may see younger players given longe contracts to help offset the possibility (and cost) of players running down their contracts
Let it go mate, we're signing Kane ;)

Let it go mate, we're signing Kane ;)
never said we werent...

it was more a discussion about how the club looks after its players well and how they want to tend to stick around even if there are other opportunities.

Maybe its you that needs to let it go?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.