Harry Kane

Exactly, on a short term basis there are a number of players who could do the job for us. In a years time, Haaland release clause is more affordable than it is now, Mbappe is a free agent. Delap and Palmer are another year older. Who knows what will happen ? Kane at the right price is a great answer but it’s not the only one.
The problem with any short term signings is primarily the fact it'd take them a long time to settle in like with most other players that sign for us.

Say we had signed Ings when he was available as a 1 year placeholder. He'd take a few months at least to bed in. Problem is, he's not good enough for us to shoehorn him in like we would with Kane or Haaland. Which would only serve to drag out this process. On top of that, there'd be a lot of games where he really struggles (being on the bench won't help), and I'm not sure people here would be happy to see it.

Then at the end of it all, once they're ready, we replace them with the better option. But then if they're going to be stuck on the bench what makes them a better option than Jesus?

We don't do stop gaps for a reason.

He'd have scored the Torres chance. The Mahrez chance too (if he was in that position). A proper goalscorer also gets on the end of the Cancelo cross.
I slagged Cancelo off in the post-match thread but that cross was absolutely perfect yet there was nobody busting a gut to get anywhere near it for the tap in.

Imagine if this doesn’t get done. How will Kane be received at Spurs? It’s not like he can say he wanted to stay all along. Awkward at least.

Think if we don’t get a striker and once again it’s a big if. Then we have major problems this season and if will the biggest mistake we have ever made in transfer terms but I have a feeling this week could bring good news .
I’m guessing the 1970 relates to your age pal, so I’m 100% certain you don’t actually believe it will be the biggest mistake we’ve ever made in the transfer market, unless you didn’t follow football until recently?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.