Harry Kane

Still a quality player who could do a job for us imo for 12-18 months. Obviously I'd prefer Kane but if a deal falls through there are players like that who we could go for who would strengthen us. Giroud after all did a job for CFC last season.

I don't think Lacazette would give us anything that Jesus doesn't already, he's less good at most aspects of the game and also misses more big chances than Gabby does

If and of course a big IF we end up with no striker then I fail to see how Ings for a year wouldn’t have been better than nothing?

Or would people just rather he played Jesus?
Think if we don’t get a striker and once again it’s a big if. Then we have major problems this season and if will the biggest mistake we have ever made in transfer terms but I have a feeling this week could bring good news .

Still a quality player who could do a job for us imo for 12-18 months. Obviously I'd prefer Kane but if a deal falls through there are players like that who we could go for who would strengthen us. Giroud after all did a job for CFC last season.
Exactly, on a short term basis there are a number of players who could do the job for us. In a years time, Haaland release clause is more affordable than it is now, Mbappe is a free agent. Delap and Palmer are another year older. Who knows what will happen ? Kane at the right price is a great answer but it’s not the only one.

we are (quite maturely)discussing options if we fail to sign Kane. Sorry none of the back up options meet your approval. Should have checked with you before posting!

Some of the posts and players being suggested as options, are actually proof beyond reasonable doubt that "quite maturely" is a million miles away from the truth LOL

Apologies - what chances would a 20+ goalscorer have scored on Sunday
He doesn't necessarily have to score the goals yesterday but a proper striker occupies a defender with his presence and stretches a game differently.

We may not have won with him but it's a different approach when you have a focal point and a threat. Our creative options wouldn't look so blunt if we did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.